Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reason for using a 1.1 and a 1.4 diesel engine in the new mk3 Rio which has less power than the 1.5 in the mk2. Seems like a backward step in my opinion. Must be a bloody green issue.
If they are using the same 1.4 diesel as in the Venga then they are asking for problems as the Venga boys say its a load o crap as did our Paul on here.
WTF are Kia thinking fitting a 1.1 diesel to a car of this weight. Its got to be like a tortoise off the line and you must have to cane it every where you go especially fully loaded.
Though next year they are bringing out a 1.7 diesel sport that has about 150 horses, now we are talking Kia, glad you lot woke up and smelt the coffee.

Rant over

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am wondering the same.
The specs show that the 1.4l Diesel Rio is slower than the current 1.5L Rio.

As you have stated, it must be a 'green' thing, so that we can all hug some more trees.

Unfortunately this seems to apply to lots of car makers over the past five years.
Take fro example the wedge shaped Honda Civic type R and the current Honda Civic.
Nice and green but slower than the previous version.

I can only think that the emission laws are getting so tight now on car makers that in ten years time we will all be driving slow as hell crap boxes.
Maybe the fun of motoring will die out in our life times.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may pay to hold onto an old car if thats the way the planets going.
If life gets anymore boring we will all jump off a cliff like lemmings,

Only joking

·
Registered
662 Posts
what i said was that the venga was too tall geared for the 1.4 (again this is a "green issue") not that is was Crap. it my be better in the Rio due to the cars weight we all know the current Rio diesels a quick car and returns good Mpg (shoot me now) where this 1.7 sport thing has come from isa mystery to me but us dealers are allways the last to know about anything!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul I'm sorry it was not you who said it was a crap engine it was Murphwiz. My mincestake.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd recommend to anyone thinking about buying a Rio Diesel, do it now before the new model comes out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts