Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
The new Rio's do have some built in Flash memory.

Mine says something like 879MB free so not large by todays standards.

I suspect that you have to plug in a USB memory stick with the files on it , though I am going to have a play tonight.

Mine is the 1.1 '1' Air model.

I will post my findings later.

All that I have done so far is blue tooth synced my Ipod to it. I will try to find the ipod cable for it , though ebay only has ones in the US.

Bruce

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks,
Just tried my 'poundland' cable and it works a treat. So it actually reads the MP3 file off the ipod (but it doesn't let you copy it to the internal memory).

I also plugged in my old USB stick MP3 player and that works too.

Pressing the menu button (bottom right hand one) brings up the menu that allows you to repeat the track , get info on it AND copy the mp3 file in to the cars memory.

I don't know where the 6000 song number came from , but 879Mbytes should be enough for 10 or so reasonably encoded albums.

I also made my first hands free call via the blue tooth. Quality was good.

The Ipod integration is very good. My only critisism would be how long it took to scroll down through all the album titles / artists. Next time I will create a special car playlist and use that.

Bruce

·
Registered
5 Posts
the hand book states the kia will download 6000 songs. the way to do this, plug your mp3into usb connection andpress themedia button then play the song you wish to download, when started press the copy button (only takes a couple of seconds to download). then stop the track whenever you want, then the song will be stored in MY MUSIC. just repeat the process on each song.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.