Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,So we have ordered but not seen (other than snippets of pictures in brochures) the MY11 Graphite.
Nor has the dealer. (We have for the last 3 1/2 yrs owned a 1.5 LS CRDI - it's been ace, and we want another one!)
So would anyone like to confirm for us if it has a rear armrest (which appears in a picture on pg 21 of the current brochure, but not on the spec sheet).
Also, on the Kia website looking at the internal picture it shows audio controls on the steering wheel but in the brief Graphite leaflet a shot of the steering wheel without the controls.
Also on the web site in an interior shot of the dash which has very electronic looking air con (trying to be climate control i guess?!?!?) but again, in the mini graphite leaflet it show twirly dials.
If this car is supposed to be top of the range then do we conclude that these toys are included or simply misleading photos inserted in error?
Would anyone who owns one care to help us out, and whilst you are at it, how many weeks did you have to wait for your car and how are you finding it.
Many many thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Go by the spec sheet, pictures are normally subtitled may not be uk spec, they did do climate control on the short lived rio sport.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Murphwiz!I agree with you, the pictures do not seem to be UK spec. The only other interior shot of a UK Graphite (in Autotrader online) showed no CC or audio buttons on steering wheel, I would likewise conclude no rear armrest either.
Misleading brochure ?.... I think so!
As it happens they were only noticed after we made the deal and are relatively minor curiosities. We know we will enjoy this car the same if not more than our current Rio but unfortunately there aren't many knocking about the rural farm-lands of West Wales to spy out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,No audio controls on steering wheel on 2010 graphite, a/c but not climate (cheap plastic knobs in my opinion), and armrest only on drivers seat.
Great car though for the money!
regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Shanngi,Thanks for your reply... it was as i suspected.
If anything is different on the MY11 from the MY10 I shall mention it in the thread.
I find it irritating that there isn't much documentation-wise about what is supposed to be their top-of-the-range Rio! You would expect they would want to plug it more then they do - instead it is up to the buyer to glean what they can.... Anyway I am sure the frustration will vanish once it actually arrives!
Is there anyway on this forum to upload pictures? I would love to see some of the cars !
Regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree. maybe some sort of picture area of the web site would be great.

A few threads ago people were asking about the glasses case holder and where it is on the Rio.
A picture posted would have helped an otherwise long thread !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi diddy....What do you mean there's a glasses case holder?!?!?!? where?
Anyway - if anyone know of a way to upload pictures please say so!!!
Regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lanbarnes,

I did try to paste the link in but this does not work for some reason.
Anyway check out the Rio section of this site and the thread title is "Glasses case holder?"

A few people had wondered where the glasses case holder was located.
I find it out by accident (and after a week of owning the car).
Nicely hidden.

Edited by: diddy1234

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

After 8 long weeks it arrived right when the dealer said it would. And yes as predicted myfrustration has vanished now it has actually arrived.
To answer my earlier queries, the MY11 Graphite has no rear armrest, electronic air con, steering audio controls or Trip computer which is in the Rio Manual !!!?!?!?
The dealer has taken it upon himself to take it further as he agrees the information is misleading so I shall watch and wait.
For now my car is gorgeous.... the paint job is really nice, wheels look good, drives like an old friend. Really happy.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

Have boughta couple ofspecial editions in the past (not Kias) and they have always been based on lesser models with a few nice visible extras added such as metallic paint, alloy wheels, better stereo. My current BMW was a special edition (cunningly called the "Edition") £1200 worth of extras for £300 all of which I was planning specify, brilliant value.They have always been great value but have had the dealer scratching his head come trade in time, some see them as the basic model with bolt on bits, others see them as unique models with bits that add to the cars desirability, bit of a lottery.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts