Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
don't look that much different to my 1st edition, but the engineering upgrades look awesome, nice to see the hybrid availability with it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The thing that got my attention was LED headlights as standard.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looked at the new blue GT Line model through the window as dealers are closed now COVID Sundays

Our version looks identical bar the Climate Control and detune. Will have to take a day off to test drive with the misus!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looked at the new blue GT Line model through the window as dealers are closed now COVID Sundays

Our version looks identical bar the Climate Control and detune. Will have to take a day off to test drive with the misus!
Is this the yet to be released Kia Rio? Not seen the availability of this colour yet?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its actually a 7 speed DCT 1.0 T the same motor/ output as my GT. It has way more go than the 1.25 Picanto but different as it is a lot wider! It actually goes as good as my GT but smoother due to the DCT.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its actually a 7 speed DCT 1.0 T the same motor/ output as my GT. It has way more go than the 1.25 Picanto but different as it is a lot wider! It actually goes as good as my GT but smoother due to the DCT.
Thanks. That is interesting because they were supposed to have detuned the engine down to the same 74 kW as the Picanto but the Rio is about 169 kgs heavier. Maybe your model still has the 88 kw tune if the performance is similar to your Picanto GT.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was the detuned 74KW MY21 and much more comfortable than my GT. I should be able to boost it to 99KW if I buy the Bluespark box that should also fit my GT!

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was the detuned 74KW MY21 and much more comfortable than my GT. I should be able to boost it to 99KW if I buy the Bluespark box that should also fit my GT!
So does it have a paddle shift that effectively lets you drive it as a sort of clutchless manual with an effective sequential gearshift? And what happens on the downchanges - does it synchronise the engine speed like the new manual Corollas do or is there a bit of a bump? I haven't had much experience with these sorts of the transmissions - the only one I tried was terrible on the downchange.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Pick it up on Friday (y)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts