Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i'm a new member,
Just got my new Kia Rio 2 (1st March 2012)with the irritating dashboard rattle/knocking.
Am worried about taking the car back as I don't really want the dashboard taking out.I keep hoping the rattle will go away,but this doesnt seem to be happening.
Surely Kia should be re-calling the vehicles to rectify this problem, that seems to be across the Rio range.
I'm going to notify 'Which' (consumer Association) to see what they think in the next week or so.
In the mean time "COME ON KIA,DO THE DECENT THING AND RECALL THE CARS WITH THE FAULTY DASHBOARD ,BEFORE YOU GET REALLY BAD PRESS OVER THE MATTER"
PS:love the car.
Dave.d

·
Registered
525 Posts
Check in the Rio 2001+forum, I have the same issue as you (amongst other faults). Kia have told me in a private message on here that they ar enot aware of any Dash rattle issue, But another Forum Member has posted the Kia US dealer release detailling the problem and the fix.

I have started a poll for Owners to vote on which issues they are having.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,284 Posts
Mr Kia said:
Recalls are for safety related issues not dash rattles.....
My 53 plate Vauxhall Corsa was recalled 2 yrs later to have its timing chain replaced, a half day job. That wasn't a safety issue. Nor was the limited recall of the Picanto once the crank issue was identified. Recalls are issued to enable an identified fault to be remedied. I think you may be confusing that safety recalls have to be notified to the DVLA whereas faults do not.

Phil

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mr Kia said:
Recalls are for safety related issues not dash rattles.....

You clearly have not heard it. If you had just spent more than 15 Grand on a new car and it wasnt screwed together properly would accept it....i think not

·
Registered
437 Posts
But a recall will be made if nesscersary and is to rectify a known problem that may cause more damage or be a possible failure. Kia have service campaigns for known faults that are rectified on affected vehicles attime of next visit to workshop. Not all vehicles will experience all of the issues so would be a complete waste of money to just do all of the particular model just in case.
For a dash rattle all be it annoying will be rectified for you under the warranty so dont panic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts