Kia Owners Club Forum banner

RIO Clutch judder

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lillymerl23 
#1 ·
68 plate rio gts. Only done 16k miles so surprised to be getting clutch problems. I get clutch judder for the first couple of miles in cold weather. It doesn't happen all the time but is annoying when it does. Mentioned it to dealer last week when I had my service and was told its a known problem with kia models and is caused by condensation on the clutch plate due to cold weather. They said there's no point replacing it as new clutch will do the same, so just have to live with 😳

Thought I'd do some research since then and see other people have been offered clutch replacements, so feeling abit fobbed off now. Just wondering if the clutch replacement solved the problem for other people if its returned

#5 ·
Well quick update for anyone following. Had my car in the garage last week for another issue and I mentioned the clutch judder and turns out kia now recognises this as an issue and has sent memo to garages to advise and car is booked In tomorrow to have replacement clutch fitted under warranty.

#6 ·
Sorry to revive this, I have the exact same issue. Phoned kia who have said there aren't any known recalls for the issue (which I know it's not a recall) can I ask what dealership this was at as wondering if I am going to need to make contact with them. The kia dealership I have booked in certainly didn't know about any memo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.