Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Rio 1.4 Auto when cold it cranks over for about 45 seconds then fires up it also does it when its warm and been left for a few mins. It has been on the Kia diagnostics machine and all is well its not the immobiliser had that checked out also checked the fuel pump and thats ok. The last owner said it was fine till it had a service at Sutton Park kia Sutton Coldfield at 19936 miles. They took it back but never seemed to get the problem sorted it still has only 21600 miles its not had a hard life does anyone have any ideasplease.

Thanks Mick

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sounds like there could be air getting into the fuel feed lines.
Not sure what it's like on the petrol as mine's a diesel. But on the injectors there's a set of rubber pipes that takes excess fuel back to the tank and on the last injector there's a rubber plug, or terminator.On my old people carrier the terminator would perish very quickly and I'd have to change it at least every 6 months. Anyway, I'd get problems starting as fuel would drain back to the tank after the engine was switched off and the pipes would be full of air. The longer the engine was off the worse it would be.Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems as if it is a fuel problem right enough. I do not know where the fuel filter is on your model, but I would suggest that you change it first, it could be that the last owner was using a garage with a dirty tank. When you have decompressed the fuel system, make a joint on another piece of piping so that you can connect to the fuel line, and blow through it, or better still, blast with an airline. This might help to break up any dirt that is in the tank, or is semi blocking the fuel line. Add your new filter, and cross fingers that this is your problem.
All the best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
Thanks for info but I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel pump the pressure does not seem to be a high as you would expect ordered it today at a mere cost of £162 plus VAT will let you know the outcome.
Fingers Crossed.

Cheers Mick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts