Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Rio 3 (in Blaze Red) was ordered on Monday past ... it's via a Leasing company through work, so I've no idea of how long I'll have to wait ... In the past when I've renewed my car through work we get a call the week before to say it'll be ready ... I waited 20 weeks for a DS3 two years ago!

Anyone got any idea of the potential time frame I might have to wait for?

Also I've had to opt for the 1.4 CRDi because the NHS who I work for will only allow you to lease a car from them with emissions under 125 ... But I'm not too fussed about that ... I'm looking foward to plenty of MPG's ... Anyone got any comments about the engine ... I never got the chance to test drive one! My only concern is that I currently have 150bhp with the DS3 and I hope I'm not too disappointed with the drop in power ... Anyway, my boy-racer days should be behind me now!!!

Cheers everybody.

Stevo.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
150bhp Citreon to an 89bhp Rio, eh I think you are going to notice a big drop in its ability to overtake other cars in a short time , your 0 - 60 times will be double what your DS3 did it in, so plan well ahead. The plus side will be mpg, thats when you stop trying to achieve the performance of your DS3.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
525 Posts
170BHP Audi A4 tdi to 89Bhp 1.4CRDI Rio.......

Also due to work list restrictions ofemissionof 120. The unfortunate price of not taking the money and getting a company funded car!

There are currently 3, Mk3 Golf GTI 16vs in my E-bay watch list though......

·
Registered
525 Posts
I can get a little obsessed with the MPG meter, these days there is far more opportunnity for increaseing MPG than actually driving for fun!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ah my last three cars have gone like this:-
Fiat Coupe 20V turbo plus (British forces import) @ 250Bhp (and 25mpg av)
Peugeot 206 2.0HDI ECO @ 90BHP (60mpg av)
Rio 1.1crdi @ 74BHP (currently at about 65ish mpg).

So the Rio has less than a third of the horse power , and a three times the 0-60 time
of the coupe. But at least I can afford to fill it up every week and insure it for less than£1K.

Bruce

·
Registered
525 Posts
BruceB said:
Ah my last three cars have gone like this:-

Fiat Coupe 20V turbo plus (British forces import) @ 250Bhp (and 25mpg av)

Peugeot 206 2.0HDI ECO @ 90BHP (60mpg av)

Rio 1.1crdi @ 74BHP (currently at about 65ish mpg).

So the Rio has less than a third of the horse power , and a three times the 0-60 time
of the coupe. But at least I can afford to fill it up every week and insure it for less than£1K.

Bruce

My Brother in Law had a 20V Turbo, it was an absolute Rocket in a straight line....until the cambelt snapped! His was a forces import aswell i think funnilly enough

·
Registered
38 Posts
My coupe was one of the last ones made (number 71526) an X plater.
Had it for 18mnths and 28000 miles. Did 800 in the first 5 days.

Mind you I do still have the bit of paper showing that it did average 110.7 between Sawtry and Stilton on the 4 lane A1M back in Dec 2000

Still it's all about MPG these days not MPH.

Bruce

·
Registered
525 Posts
BruceB said:
My coupe was one of the last ones made (number 71526) an X plater.

Still it's all about MPG these days not MPH.

I know, A sad state of affairs indeed....

·
Registered
38 Posts
At the end of the day being sat stationary on the A14 in the 250BHP Coupe is very much the same as being sat stationary in the 74BHP Rio.
Only that the Rio is clever and turns the engine off,
and sync's to my phone
and ipod.

The 3 cylinder noise isn't that too far off the 5 cylinder noise.

So all in all I'm happy.

Bruce

·
Registered
525 Posts
You must be getting old...same as me.

Im of the same thinking, 5 years ago i would have slapped myself in the face for even contemplating such things!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Timing belt was a costly affair on the Fiat Coupe, but some motor it was. There was a guy in the Manchester area use to do the cam belt change on them a lot cheaper than Fiat, was it not an engine out job. Repair times were about 13 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts