Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell what the button with a steering wheel does, it's situated on the this of the steering wheel

·
Registered
988 Posts
Perhaps you can give the members more info, "it's situated on the this of the steering wheel" does not actually help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on the lower part of the steering wheel right side below the toggle switchee
The button has a white steering wheel emblem on it

·
Banned
5,229 Posts
On my Sportage that button has a white circle on it. It disengages the CC or Speed Limiter (if either are engaged),

·
Registered
988 Posts
That will be lane assist at a guess. Its the work of the devil. A RAV4 I tested had it and when I tried to change lane approaching a traffic island the car refused to move over, thought the steering had jammed. I had not indicated since I was on a dual carriageway with nothing behind as far as I could see but once I indicated it changed lane OK. Good exercise for the old sphincter.

·
Registered
375 Posts
That will be lane assist at a guess. Its the work of the devil. A RAV4 I tested had it and when I tried to change lane approaching a traffic island the car refused to move over, thought the steering had jammed. I had not indicated since I was on a dual carriageway with nothing behind as far as I could see but once I indicated it changed lane OK. Good exercise for the old sphincter.
That happens with my Sportage, but it can be turned off (and has been )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok I suspected as much so I take it it switches in on and off?
I'm not familiar with your model but on the Sportage it has three options in Settings. On, Off or Audible only. Your Manual should point you to the relevant menu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's Lane Keep Assist/Lane Departure Warning. It's on by default when you start the car, pressing that button turns it off.

When it starts up you can choose to have it in LKA mode - when it will give a little tug on the steering if you change lanes without indicating, or LDW mode - when it will just beep. You can select which mode to use as the default from the menu on the instrument panel under Driver Assist.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could someone please tell what the button with a steering wheel does, it's situated on the this of the steering wheel
Tapping it turns on a more advanced LKA where the car will steer for you most of the time when its on if it can track the road, not just when nearing leaving lane..

Holding it turns off the LKA... I've not driven with it off so i'm not sure if that returns it to LDW and beeping mode.. but by default this one doesn't beep but does steer if you leave your lane.

It's not clear in the handbook at all. The handbook just says you can have LKA on or off, but there appears to be 2 on modes to me.

The handbook is useless for the new MY21 cars... As it's basically a bad copy and paste of the MY17 manual. The hybrid system is hardly mentioned. There's all sorts of stuff missing.

(edited for clarity as i wasn't making much sense before)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts