Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alternator / generator unit failed on the 24th April 2022 with just over 7000 miles, new unit fitted and new battery and again on the 4th July 2022 with just over 11000 miles.

I notice that the radio does not last more than 5 minutes and then shutdown (this is when the engine is not running). There is a click heard from the battery pack in the back of the car and the radio goes off.

The front windscreen wipers when in use, either in intermittent or slow run has a problem. When the rain gets heavier the wipers go into the fast mode and does not stop or slow down until the wipers arm is moved to off position? I have let the wipers run until the windscreen is all most dry.

Any one had the these problem?

Super Moderator
Radio going off is normal for Kia. After turning engine off, certain circuits stay live for around 5 mins then turn off.

If you want to keep it running, then after turning off turn on again, but do not press clutch/brake if you have stop/start button. As this puts car into ACC mode.

Auto wipers re OK up to a point when it's only light rain. Gets heavy & as you say they go into turbo mode & do not seem to want to slow down.
Personally if it starts raining hard I just put on 1st speed. Coming from biking I look through the windscreen, rather than focusing on the rain on it. So am more than happy on slow speed. Also have RainX on screen.

Registered
Thank you for the feed back and advice. I will give it a try when I get the car back from Kia
Radio going off is normal for Kia. After turning engine off, certain circuits stay live for around 5 mins then turn off.

If you want to keep it running, then after turning off turn on again, but do not press clutch/brake if you have stop/start button. As this puts car into ACC mode.

Auto wipers re OK up to a point when it's only light rain. Gets heavy & as you say they go into turbo mode & do not seem to want to slow down.
Personally if it starts raining hard I just put on 1st speed. Coming from biking I look through the windscreen, rather than focusing on the rain on it. So am more than happy on slow speed. Also have RainX on screen.
The wiper thing is annoying, definitely not as smart as auto wipers I've had in previous cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts