Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my Skoda Fabia later in the year and I have just seen that a new Rio is out this year, when does the new model come out?. Are the dealers any good?.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I presume you mean a face lift on the 05 launched Rio,Idid not know there was a new Rio coming out The current model is only 5 years old ,mine was I believe the second on the east coast of Scotland and is a 55 plate .I have never had a problem with Kia or their dealers ,go organise a test drive

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have seen the odd new Rio on the road.

The only difference that I have seen is a chrome surround on the front grill.

I am not too sure what else has changed though.

I have an 09 reg car and feel a little jelious since all kia's now come with seven year warranty ( I brought mine last year before the revised warranty).

·
Registered
144 Posts
2010 Model year revisions:

Tiger nose grille.

Black bezeled headlamps.

Revised front bumper including restyled front fog lamps where fitted.

Restyled rear bumper.

Kia Soul style steering wheel.

Restyled instrument cluster.

Restyled gear stick.

Eco-Shift indicator on petrol models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just ordered a new Rio Graphite. My wife recently bought a new Fabia its a great car but since she bought hers all models have gone up in priceand now no spare wheels [have been taken out but you can buy separately] just fitted with the stupid canister or similar -
If you are plodding around the basic Fabia is hard to beat but if you want more than the plod the Rio, in my opinion, has the edge - I am giving up Mercs so that says something and I have gone from garage to garage but after a number of test drives its the Rio for me

as for the VW version of the Fabia - forget it my daughter has one and its no match for the Fabia and costs a lot more to

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm waiting for me 10 Strike to be delivered, only been 3wks thus far (and very much counting)... How long has it taken people (on average) to get their cars????

·
Registered
3 Posts
We picked up our Rio 10 plate on 5th March - we had to wait about 6 weeks but it was worth it to get the 10 plate, very nice car and not disappointed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, really as soon as that!?!? I was told 10 - 13 weeks lead time. I'm in my 4-5th week already and it can't come soon enough (the extra weeks)!!!

PS. I'm sure you'll all know about it's delivery!!! Lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered my rio back in january and arrived on friday! Great car but bought the Rio 1. Dissapointed with the spec as i was told i had central locking which it doesnt have on this model! Probably worth getting the Rio2 or a better end model! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
MatthT said:
Ordered my rio back in january and arrived on friday! Great car but bought the Rio 1. Dissapointed with the spec as i was told i had central locking which it doesnt have on this model! Probably worth getting the Rio2 or a better end model! :)

Your definately right, when my focus died I had to find a car 'quick-march' - I had like the Cee'd and also liked hte Rio. If it had been my choice of when to but I would have bought next year (the Cee'd), however, it wasn't to be and then went for the Rio (which I like just as much - but price being the main factor for earlier purchase).

Whilst looking over the spec (at Gravells in South Wales) they gave me both modells to try (which I thought was great), I relaised the Rio1 wasn't for me (you tend to take certain things for granted - e.g. central looking, elect-win).

However, as you've identified it didn't have those (but I was also told upon purusal/ buying) and testing each model.

What seemed weird is that as standard you get USB but not central looking (this seemed strange to my petrol head cousin)!

How many weeks in total did you have to wait?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Exactly how come the radio system is more updated than quite a lot of the basic cars, but the simple more convenient things like central locking arent standard? strange!

I ordered mine from gravells in fforestfach, waited about 10 weeks for mine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts