Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning allMy nephew has a 2009 Kio Rio and the factory fitted cd/radio had a piece of paper in it when he acquired the vehicle the radio was only lacking the use of the CD player - the display was showing and all other functions were working. We removed the fascia and the screws holding the radio in, tipped it forward and then the piece of paper came forward and we were able to hook it out very carefully from the CD slot. However now the display of the unit doesn't work. The CD player now works, it plays CD's, you are able to select the radio, USB and Aux in - it all plays and all the buttons work fine - just the display has gone - any fixes for this? I do not think he has a code, but I have removed the fuses for a couple of minutes but this didn't reset the unit. We're stuck - can any of you good people help with a solution ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I would think it may be just a simple thing that when pulled forward it may of dislodged one of the connectors at the back of it so it is not making a good connection.They do not need a code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Birdman for replying.I have checked all three connectors on the back and they are firmly in place - I'm struggling !

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Only other thing I can think of if pressure was put on the screen when pulling forwards as this can cause screens to fail.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I cannot see it will as the unit is working otherwise,but you have nothing to loose trying it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much for your help.Is there a way of replacing the display as I see that there are two screws and some clips holding the front on - anything behind here that could be causing the problem ?

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Sorry I cannot help you on that as never taken one apart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you very much for your help.Is there a way of replacing the display as I see that there are two screws and some clips holding the front on - anything behind here that could be causing the problem ?
Did you ever solve the problem as my screen is blank but everything else on the unit is working.?

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
Did you ever solve the problem as my screen is blank but everything else on the unit is working.?
User Last seen Nov 23, 2016.

I think not.
Have you tried a reset?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts