Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Surrinder, I am new here and may be posting totally wrongly. If so, I stand to be corrected.

I am a 68yr old and recently bought a used Kia Rio registered 17 from a Kia Dealership in Chiswick, West London. I love in Ealing, London W5.

I would like help from members to:
1. To find a high definition 24hr video system to be fitted.
2. It needs to record day and night.
3. It should have front, rear, passenger side and driver side cameras.
4. I needs to have collision/bump detection.

If possible a fitting company would be valuable but I would like to remain within Kias guarantee scheme.

Thank you all.
Surrinder Sangha

·
Super Moderator
3,485 Posts
Welcome Surrinder.

Think you'll get a better response to your question in Main Message forum so I'm moving this thread there.
Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Well something like that is going to need a dedicated power supply. As pretty sure the 12V battery will not cope with 4 camera's & recording box running 24/7.
You are also going to end up with blind spots around the car, as not really sure how or where you would mount camera's on the sides.

Any particular reason for wanting all that monitoring?
Could you not do it from a CCTV system on your house?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well something like that is going to need a dedicated power supply. As pretty sure the 12V battery will not cope with 4 camera's & recording box running 24/7.
You are also going to end up with blind spots around the car, as not really sure how or where you would mount camera's on the sides.

Any particular reason for wanting all that monitoring?
Could you not do it from a CCTV system on your house?
Thank you. I have no CCTV at home.
The side cameras I was not clear about. Sorry. They would be internal cameras monitoring the opposite side. Passenger side internal camera monitoring drivers side and vice versa or a Dashboard 2 camera mount watching either side.
The amount of monitoring is because of vandalism in the area. I do not mind installing a separate power supply but would have to talk to Kia.

Hmm, perhaps I should look at wireless CCTV cameras but NO idea how to set this up in a car. Home has Broadband Wi-Fi so that's easy. Car ? No idea.
Surrinder

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Well a std car camera would not be good enough quality to be able to identify anyone outside in the way you are looking at. As well as far to many blind spots.
If your car is parked on a drive or outside your house. Then a home CCTV system would be a better & cheaper option.

We have 4 blink cameras at home. Below is a example of quality of outside ones. Not sure if they would be good enough over a distance & in the dark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts