Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 rio crdi and have just been touring the north of scotland i stuck to the speed limits and this little gem gave me an average of 72 mpg can anyone top this

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Eh nope. I can get low 60s. What kind of speeds were you doing to achieve 72mpg. You must have been holding up the cyclists

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply davy it was an average speed between 50 & 60 mph it was the haggis on skate boards i was holding up

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I was doing about 70mph heading up the A9 from Paisley to Tain and I got 58mpg. Which I thought was great. I like the car cos its got good pulling power and its great on fuel.
Dumfries I hope your happy with it cos its not a bad wee car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
what mileage do you have on your Rio ?

I have given up driving to economy for the time being until the car passes 20,000 miles.
Then I will see what the economy is like then.

I get an average of 50mpg over a tank full.

Oddly enough, if I drive at 60mph on the motorway for long periods, I am sure I get less economy as the engine's turbo is not fully boosting.

Edited by: diddy1234

·
Registered
328 Posts
thanks for the quick reply.

Mine is now on 13,000 miles and yet I get 50mpg.

I did a long drive (to Birmingham) once and due to traffic I was driving at 60mph almost all of the way.
The fuel economy was quite bad (quater of a tank) just to get there.
Drove back at 70-ish and used an 1/8th of a tank !

Hence my reasoning that at 60mph the fuel economy was quite dire (as the turbo was not fully in boost).

So now I drive mainly at 70mph and get 50mpg (which is not too bad), but will drive at a sedate 60mph after the next service and see what I get then.

I could be wrong so please correct me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts