Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being bored at lunch time I looked at the tech specs for the 1.1L diesel Rio and wondered if it were the same engine as the excellent 1.5L diesel (just with a cylinder chopped off and a balancer shaft added).

the cc capacity of the 1.1L is quoted as 1.125cc, 375cc per cylinder which is the same as the 1.5L diesel.

I have seen a couple of pictures under the bonnet of the 1.1L and everything obvious is in the same place.

so is it the same engine or derived from the same engine ?

Also what engine is the 1.4L diesel from then ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I was talking to a guy who had a new Citreon DS5 sport with a petrol1.6 turbo and it puts out about 200bhp. Some power from just a 1600 engine. Going back to the 70s an RS2000 only put out about 110bhp.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
In your link diddy they are not really concerned about power output but in the amount of emissions from the engines and praise themselves if they can achieve low emission levels. Sorry but I'm not a green man and I would praise them obtaining great power out of small units. I am just fed up paying green taxes especially in my utillity bill. Stuff the planet lets have as much fun while we are still alive.
We will soon have to fart in containers so that hydrogensulphide does not pollute the earth.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ha i cant agree more.

what with China and America putting tons if carp into the air, makes me wonder why we get raped on green taxes.

looks like it will get worse though

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
<DIV =Section1>
Hi diddy1234<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Our new diesel engines are designed to be more ""˜eco-friendly'. Because of this, they're totally different from our previous diesel engines.

The design of the new engines had to be overhauled so we could offer an engine with great miles per gallon ratings while keeping CO<SUP>2 </SUP>emissions low.

Hope this helps!

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed