Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I PURCHASED MY RIO CHILL IN JUNE 09. ALL OK BUT HAVING ONLY DONE 4,000 MILES I HAVE HAD TO HAVE BOTH FRONT SEATS REUPHOLSTERED AS THEY WERE FRAYING. THE AGENT TELLS ME THIS IS A ONE OFF BUT I SUSPECT OTHERWISE, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS, CHEERS, TROUTMASTER

·
Registered
328 Posts
I also have a 'chill' version.

As for fraying, not the front seats but where the rear seat is (around the baby chair), there is a little fraying.

So a one off, no I don't believe it.

I do think the seats would be the first thing to start looking worn in a Rio but then for the price of the car I would half expect it.
Still cracking value though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 Rio Chill and had exactly the same problem. Had to have both front seats and rear seat covers replaced. I had the body and seat protection completed and wondered if this was the cause. I have noted the driver seat is again starting to wear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, mine also showing signs of ware again, think its a case of you get what you pay for, or buy cheap and buy twice, i will be going back to peugeot next time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, no never remouved them totally but have dropped them down several times which is a 2 minute job, cheers

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have a CRDi Graphite with so called "premium upholstry". The stitching on the front passenger seat stitching is fraying a bit in one place, which is odd as there's usually only me in the car and the driver's seat is fine.

I've not taken the rear seats out before, although I've noticed there are a couple of pads underneath the horizontal part of the seat (near the floorpan) which if pushed will allow the seat to be detached from the floor. I pressume the seat back can be removed by undoing a couple of bolts.

You might want to check with the insurance co that this does not constitute a modification to the vehicle, just to cover yourself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
it maybe the case of those specific seat trim thats an issue. My 2008 "3" hasnt shown signs of fraying, even though i use my car almost everyday, it was a previous learner's car too so the doortrim and steering wheel are shiney worn.

M4: those pads are there to allow access to the fuel tank cover and sensor i think, i've tried removing the rear seats myself, but not obvious way of doing this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES, ALL THE DRIVERS OF THE RIO WITH FAULTY SEAT MATERIEL APPEAR TO HAVE THE 09 CHILL MODEL, IF THIS IS THE CASE , WHY DONT KIA DO THE HONOURABLE THING AND RECALL, AND INSTALL A MORE DURABLE COVERING AS THE CAR IS OTHERWISE GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY, CHEERS TO YOU ALL,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts