Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I've recently bought a kia pro ceed 1.6Petrol, and I'm in love. consider me a complete fan of KIA from now on. However there's one slightly annoying thing, and that's the ride. It seems overly firm, I was wondering if anyone knows anything I can install to increase the comfort of my ride?

It's a 2008 model.

Also as a quick question. When ever I start up my car, unless it has had say an hour between last being ran, it's revs stay about 1k and after about 5 mins the car runs smooth. Just got me a little curious because my renault clio never had this problem, despite it being 9 years old. Is that standard for the ceed?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome.
The ride - yep - very firm, you'll hear loads of people mention this, I know exactly what you mean, I find it a hard but positive feel when driving .... I've even lowered mine on KIA's Elbach sports springs.
As for what to do about it - costly fix would be decrease wheel size to increase tyre size.

And the start up issue - not heard of this before but I've a 1.6 diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply and welcome.

Not sure I understood that lol, decrease the wheel size to increase the tyre size? Can you elaborate, because I'm obviously a bit of a sausage lol :p

Yeah the startup issue is slightly annoying, I want it to be nice and quiet so when my judgemental friend get's inside he'll realise KIA actually isn't so bad! I will be taking mine in for a service, perhaps I'll ask them to give it a look over, see what they suggest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, no I think I do realise what you're talking about *sigh* can't edit, feel a fool......I'll give that a thought, because I do actually need two new tyres on my front soon. It's a massive shame it's so firm, I do love this car, it's just one little thing, otherwise it'd be perfect!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are still on original Michelin tyres the ride will be both harsh & noisey. You may not think there is stilla problem if you change to a decent tyre like Continental Sport Contact. Do a search on tyres in the forums & you will find loads of recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Skippy... As ZTTMAN has stated if you can stretch your budget to acquire Continental Sport Contact 2's you will notice the ride at the front will be softer as these tyres absorbe a lot more through the bumps and on the plus side theres no loss in grip in cornering ;), I had a set on my 1.4 Pro Ceed ZR7 09 plate 'current car' and they were beautiful, I've since then put a set of Bridgestones Sport T001's on *recommended by a family member* a can honestly say stick to continentals * if there in your affordability range *, I think if memory seves me correctly the Continental Spts Contact 2's on a 205/55/R16's they are about £100 per corner.

As for the revs on a cold start up this is the norm for a direct injection engine setup.

KR

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.