Kia Owners Club Forum banner

revs limitedt to 3000rpm

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  big_boz 
#1 ·
WhenI pulled away from the traffic lights quickly the engine seemed to die andwould not not rev above 3000 rpm in any gear including neutral.It carried on doing this in any gear until I stopped.When I turnedthe engine off and on again it was ok.Has anyone any ideas what this could have been?The car is a 57 plate Sorento 2.5crdi xs.
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Turbo.

My money is on one of two things.
1. ECU was having a moment and it wasn't getting the right reading from something e.g. the MAF sensor. If either of those things were not running correctly then it may apply a limiter to protect the engine.
2. You may find that one of your spark plugs/coils is either loose or about to fail. If that occurs you would also be limited to power.

Are you taking it to get checked out?

#3 ·
OO Agent said:
Hi Turbo.

My money is on one of two things.
1. ECU was having a moment and it wasn't getting the right reading from something e.g. the MAF sensor. If either of those things were not running correctly then it may apply a limiter to protect the engine.
2. You may find that one of your spark plugs/coils is either loose or about to fail. If that occurs you would also be limited to power.

Are you taking it to get checked out?

You lost your money mate - - - Turbo 19 is talking about a 2.5crdi xs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.