Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've owned my Kia Cee'd for a week now and I thought I would share with you a quick review.

I've come from a 2.0T Volvo S60 with 180(ish)bhp. I had owned it for 18 months, in which time it has cost me several small countries to run in terms of fuel and the engine packed up in December leaving me (my dad) with a 3k bill. Unable to justify it any more I got help from my father in law to hand it back to the finance co and buy a new car.

I worked out I had a budget of around 4k after taking into account the costs associated with giving the Volvo back so I started to research. I needed economy, but a blend of power too as I do about 20k a year. I looked at loads of cars from Hyundai i20's, i30's, Ford focus, Mondeo, Vauxhall Vectras etc etc.

I got a text from my father in law telling me about the Cee'd... I thought why not, I'll go and check it out. I took it for a quick drive and was very impressed with its road holding, power and nimbleness. Did a deal and picked up last Saturday.

Here is my brief review:-

I have a 1.6 SR on a 2007 "57" plate. This model has alloys, air con, electric mirrors and thats about it. Coming from the Volvo it was a bit of a downgrade but it dosen't feel like it!

The build quality is IMO better than the Volvo, or the Superb I havee had previously. Everything feels so solid and precise. The switches are well dampened and the doors close with a almost german "thud." The seats are very supportive and great for someone like me who likes to drive "briskly" and go round corners at speed...something I didn't expect from a Kia. The seats are more comfy than that of my Volvo, again a massive deal as Volvo seats are regarded as some of the most comfortable seats made!

The entertainment system is fantastic! A really good sound, with good midrange and a great bass note. My original plans were to replace the standard kit with a aftermarket unit but having listened to the standard kit I'm very happy. I've made no alterations to the standard setup with no +1's on the bass settings etc and it sounds so sweet...I have USB and Aux in too!

The ride is firm, without being too intrusive. Show it a corner and it goes, with minimal body roll. It's almost like a grown up Citroen Saxo of my younger days! The power isn't quite there, (120bhp) but once going it is quite easy going and if you drop it down a couple of gears it will happily do some back road blasting.

Overall, I'm shocked by the Cee'd. It was a wildcard choice which has paid off. It is honestly one of the best cars I've driven in terms of value, equipment and comfort. From a brand that brought us the Rio etc, the Cee'd is one heck of a car and certainly one that Ford/Vauxhall/VAG should worry about. Plus the 7 year warranty which promises piece of mind for so long!

Overall rating - 8.5/10 (Reasons being I would like cruise control and front fogs...can be retrofitted but hmmm)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice write up/review Chris, sounds like you made a great choice opting for KIA
I too couldn't be happier with mine, thanks again for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts