Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have recently bought a 06 plate Sedona SE+. It has reversing sensors that I am guessing came factory installed. When I put the car into reverse the sensors beep once and then give a continuous beep. It has had a towbar fitted and I am wondering whether I need to get the sensors reset or if there may be a fault with the sensors themselves. Any ideas???

·
Registered
5 Posts
hiya buddy, i have same model, i had to remove the black cap from the ball on tow bar,i think sensors pick up anything dark so if its dirty try wrapping tin-foil around the ball !!
i still aint had a reply from my engine cut out problem !

any ideas ??

perrymac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your car will be fitted with a Cobra A0158 4 eye reversing sensor. The unit is located behind the near side rear where the wheel jack is stored. The symptoms you describe looks like the system need resetting. To do this you need to access the unit behind the panel. Remove the bolt to the rear near side seat belt. Remove jack cover , jack and anything else in the recessed panel. Remove the 2 x M6 cap head screws (M10 socket). Remove by unclipping the long rear plastic cover that encases the rear door catch. Unscrew the upper near side plastic knob used to secure the luggage netting holder. Remove the single posidrie screw holding the bottom of thr rear panel. Be firm and pull away the rear lower near side panel from its mounting clips sufficient to get inside the inner panel. Hold this open with a bungee elastic to one of the off side rear seats. Now look for a black box with a round speaker attached to the body work by double sided tape. Now trace the power cable which has three wires red, black and blue. Follow the covered wires until you find the blue wire. Now this wire has been cut and should be taped back. Find both ends, bare the wire ends and re join the blue wire by twisting these together. This will allow the sytsem to be reset. Back the vehicle against a wall 500mm away from the rear sensors. With the ignition on and car not running engauge reverse. The block box will emit a double tone. Then within 100 seconds there will be a constant tone. At this time turn off the ignition and undo the blue connected wires and the system will be reset. Re tape the blue wire in its seperated form. Re assemble the rest of your car and jobs a good one.
If you get stuck contact me by mail and I will post a full set of instructions ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I know this is a very old thread, but I have an 06 Plate Sedona (newer shape) which has just developed the same problem with the reversing sensors. I managed to locate the blue wire very quickly behind the wheel jack (no need to actually unscrew anything as able to reach it). I tied the blue cable back together and when putting in reverse gear I get the double beep, but then wait 100 seconds (and much longer) but get no constant beep, so it does not seem to have reset. Iseparatedthe wire again, but then the constant beep is back when in reverse gear

Any ideas? For now I keeping the blue wire connected, so at least I don't get the constant beeping when in reverse.

I took to my local dealer, but they say the whole system should be changed for £300, hoping there is a cheaper option out there

·
Registered
437 Posts
Most likely one of the sensors but make sure it is almost exactly 50cm from the wall and dead straight otherwise you wont get the constant tone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your car will be fitted with a Cobra A0158 4 eye reversing sensor. The unit is located behind the near side rear where the wheel jack is stored. The symptoms you describe looks like the system need resetting. To do this you need to access the unit behind the panel. Remove the bolt to the rear near side seat belt. Remove jack cover , jack and anything else in the recessed panel. Remove the 2 x M6 cap head screws (M10 socket). Remove by unclipping the long rear plastic cover that encases the rear door catch. Unscrew the upper near side plastic knob used to secure the luggage netting holder. Remove the single posidrie screw holding the bottom of thr rear panel. Be firm and pull away the rear lower near side panel from its mounting clips sufficient to get inside the inner panel. Hold this open with a bungee elastic to one of the off side rear seats. Now look for a black box with a round speaker attached to the body work by double sided tape. Now trace the power cable which has three wires red, black and blue. Follow the covered wires until you find the blue wire. Now this wire has been cut and should be taped back. Find both ends, bare the wire ends and re join the blue wire by twisting these together. This will allow the sytsem to be reset. Back the vehicle against a wall 500mm away from the rear sensors. With the ignition on and car not running engauge reverse. The block box will emit a double tone. Then within 100 seconds there will be a constant tone. At this time turn off the ignition and undo the blue connected wires and the system will be reset. Re tape the blue wire in its seperated form. Re assemble the rest of your car and jobs a good one.
If you get stuck contact me by mail and I will post a full set of instructions ok.
Hello mate tried that with mine but have no constant tone after 100 seconds any ideas cheers kia sorento 2.5 with fitted sensors as above cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts