Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... get one problem fixed, the next one pops up... - Still loving my Sporty though :)
Has anyone here got problems with their reversing sensors and managed to fix the problem without knocking on your friendly KIA dealerships door?
My Sporty is out of warranty, I tried the - well mine is a 2011 Sporty and there were issues with dampness in the sensors which were replaced under warranty - line, but it didnt work. So guess
I will have to go down the path of sourcing a new sensor and replacing one by one until I find the faulty one.
Anyone know what the part number is of the new sensor and what they look like, also, is there a how to regarding replacing these things :)
look forward to your replies.
Rgds
Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Turnup...
When I place my Sporty into reverse, I get one beep tone followed by a constant one.
I have read that the sensors vibrate or make some sounds... (found that out on the german Kia Forum) mine dont,. I also read that there was an initial water ingress problem with Sportys from 2010 ro 2012 I think it was...
Anywho, I contacted Kia Customer services to see if mine had been replaced back in the days but there was no record on their system other than a recall which was done on mine for something else.
They couldnt advise if I could get my sensors replaced under a one off kinda warranty as this would be somthing a local dealer would have to negotiate, if indeed the problem would be water ingress to the sensors.
So, I contacted my not so local friendly KIA dealer ( is about 20 odd miles away) and was only told that they could look at it, but would only be requested as a warranty job if my sporty was fully serviced by a KIA dealership in the past, well I know that not to be the case, so I want to try and fix this issue myself. But after reading that the sensors should make some sort of noise or vibrate I figured out that perhaps all my sensors are knackered and I need new ones. Hence trying to find out what part number they are, or better, try and find out the part number of the new ones and hope they fit...
Hope that makes sense :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts