Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,603 Posts
Technically you should not change lamps to LEDs unless the fitting was designed for LEDs.

When it comes to MOT Test time the inspector is supposed to check that correct bulbs are fitted. It is a moot point if a fail would be given for rear/side lights but I would hope that headlight modifications would attract a fail as I'm heartily fed up with being dazzled by drivers with modified and thus poorly focused directed lights.

Fuller details in this post Got some led headlamp bulbs coming

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,603 Posts
I'd start by saying I'm fully in agreement with Radiorail about people messing with headlights and causing a nuisance with badly focused lights, but I actually clicked on this thread as we have a Stonic with factory fitted led rear lights and the reversing light is pathetic, there's no chance of seeing where you're reversing at night using the mirrors and the camera image is very grainy due to the low light. For a reversing light which is only used for specifically reversing whilst there may be the technical illegality at MOT, I wouldn't think you could cause offence by having a brighter light (unless you put in a 1000w bulb and reverse up to your neighbours' windows 😁)
I agree the reversing light/camera image on the Stonic is disappointing.

It does seem to vary relative to the other lighting around. The camera sensitivity seems to degrade rapidly in low light, or is being affected by the relationship to the number plate light. I did try some additional (LED) lights in my drive but surprisingly they did not make much change. I suspect that the camera is not that sensitive to the colour of the reversing light. I intend to try different LED colour temperatures as soon as I get motivated -for the mean time I've put two garden solar lights at the end of my drive as marker lights!

Reactions: dave1978 and DaveNP
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.