Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my 2010 E-Niro 4 that only the nearside reversing light illuminates. Is the other one just a dummy to maintain symmetry or if not how do you change the bulb and is it an LED or normal bulb.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Some have reversing lights on both sides, you may be able to peer in thru the lens and see if a bulb holder is installed.
If you find the reverse light a bit weak, then it should be possible to get the other one working, either at a dealer or independent electrician.
Any required original parts such as bulb holder may cost a bit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
On my Niro 2 the other side has a plain glass so it looks like a reversing light but it has a red bulb inside which is the fog lamp. It confused me at first and I had it booked in to be looked at. Then I read the manual and much to my surprise was able to find out that it was a fog lamp. I think that is the first time a Kia manual has been of any use. I don't know why they bother to translate them, they would be just as useful in Korean.

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've not tested the foglight(s) yet, perhaps that might throw some light on the situation.

·
Registered
2020 Niro "2" HEV
90 Posts
My January 2020 Niro has only one reversing light on the N/S. The offside one, although having a white lens, contains a red LED and is the rear fog light. The reversing light is also an LED, and, should either lamp fail, it would appear the whole unit has to be replaced. I cannot understand why Kia did not change the design of the lamp housing to accommodate both reversing and rear fog lights on both sides. Like the single-bulb headlights which switches a mask in and out for dip/full beam, it seems penny-pinching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts