Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 sportage 4, I’ve only had it for 4 months and the reversing camera has stopped working.. Nothing happens on the screen and the reverse sensor work fine.. can’t seems to locate which fuse controls the reversing camera as I can’t find it in the owners manual.. any help would be great

·
Registered
138 Posts
I doubt it has its own dedicated fuse. It doesn't use enough power.
Probably powered thru the head unit fuse.

Knackered camera due to water ingress, or broken wire in the tailgate to body harness would be a guess.

Check 12v and earth at the camera gor starters....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would have to get the local car tronics to have a look as I’m not to bright when it comes to electricals.. any videos out there to help you take the camera out yourself before I go to a garage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been reading the manual for the sportage and it’s says you can turn the camera on and off.. is that only possible with the mirror camera ??

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,635 Posts
Would have to get the local car tronics to have a look as I’m not to bright when it comes to electricals.. any videos out there to help you take the camera out yourself before I go to a garage?
U-tube search for kia sportage rear camera replacement brings up a good range of hits. Remember some other models will be very similar.

Might help.

Reactions: Mulls

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I’ve tried to take the camera out and have removed all the screws.. but I can’t prize open the panel that holds the camera and number plate lights.. any ideas guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I’ve tried to take the camera out and have removed all the screws.. but I can’t prize open the panel that holds the camera and number plate lights.. any ideas guys
Hi,
You need to remove the 2 most outer screws on the panel. There are then 4 panel clips holding the panel in place, use a goose foot tool to pry off the panel, you'll have to be quite firm when you do this. Use a plastic one if you can, to avoid scratching paint.
To unplug the camera, you'll have to remove the main internal trim, you are better off taking it all off, rather than trying to remove the large lower section.
Firmly remove the panel at the top of the hatch, it's on panel clips, then the 2 cheek panels, they are also on clips. There are then 2 screws to undo on the main large panel closest to the cheeks, 2 screws at the 2 bottom corners of panel, then firmly pry panel off, it is now only held on with panel clips.
Everything is now exposed to work on.
Hope this helps.
If camera is goosed, I have posted something today that may help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
You need to remove the 2 most outer screws on the panel. There are then 4 panel clips holding the panel in place, use a goose foot tool to pry off the panel, you'll have to be quite firm when you do this. Use a plastic one if you can, to avoid scratching paint.
To unplug the camera, you'll have to remove the main internal trim, you are better off taking it all off, rather than trying to remove the large lower section.
Firmly remove the panel at the top of the hatch, it's on panel clips, then the 2 cheek panels, they are also on clips. There are then 2 screws to undo on the main large panel closest to the cheeks, 2 screws at the 2 bottom corners of panel, then firmly pry panel off, it is now only held on with panel clips.
Everything is now exposed to work on.
Hope this helps.
If camera is goosed, I have posted something today that may help.
I’ll be giving this a try tomorrow.. hope I don’t snap anything off.

Please send me the link for the info on the camera too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks a lot dude.. I’m a noob at all this so I hope I don’t make a mess of this 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don't want to over complicate this job, but before you remove anything, just check your rear wiper squirter is working, the one way non return valve is accessible when the top trim is removed, if it's not working this is normally seized, you can get a replacent one off ebay for about £3. Just a bit of a faf re threading pipe. Hopefully it will work fine, but I didn't check and had to strip panels down twice:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts