Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year to all members ,having a problem with my fe at the moment has any one had the same ,6speed man when i put the car in reverse the beepers go off in a single tone , not parked near anything ,the sensors are clean and dry ,they will not beep when you put something behind the car just get the single tone camera works ok any ideas ?or is it a trip to the dealers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I seem to recall reading somewhere that a continuous tone indicates that one of the sensors has gone down. You could try unplugging them, one at a time, but if it is factory or dealer fitted, it is probably not a good idea to tamper with them.

·
Registered
260 Posts
As posted earlier I'm considering the Sportage as my next car. I'm toying with the idea of the Sat Nav version so I get the reversing camera but just wondering if its worth the extra seeing as the sensors might do a decent enough job and I'm not sure if the sat nave is any good. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On our first edition (which was non sat-nav) the reversing camera shows up in the rear view mirror. I'm not sure if you still get the reversing camera in the mirror on the current models if you don't have sat nav - might be worth a check? It's a great toy, seems like a gimmick at first but then you realise how much you use it after you get some miles under the belt - all the time!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm getting confused with this First Edition? Whats the difference?

I've seen the camera in the mirror but it also looks like there's one built into the sat nav on newer models?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just get reversening sensors for £ 30 and sat nav for £ 60 when new model comes out throw it away and by new one??

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts