Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Can I fit rev sencors to my Sedona 'Y' reg and use the reversing light splicing or will this mess upm the cars electrics?

Steve G Blackpool

·
Registered
22 Posts
you can splice into the reverse light feed at the lamp no problem and either use the common earth at the lamp or just attach to an existing earth point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
can you do a pic of where you put your sensors. I have some Ebay ones to fit and am putting off drilling the holes LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. pkrboo.

1) Find centre of rear,easy if you have tow bar.
2) 4 sensors A,B,C,& D.

A and D should be ideally 15 cms from end of bumper.

B and C should then be eqi distant around centre point.

EG start...15cms A...25-40cms B...40cms C...25-40cms D...15cms...end.

OR findcentre point then messure 20cms each side so B and C are 40cms apart.

IMPORTANT height must be minimum of 50 cms off level ground andideally 55cms.

The drill/hole cutter should have come with the kit 21.5 or 22mm.

Sounds hard but is really simple I am no 'car man'.

I am going to tackle my new fan belt too :eek:)

Steve Blackpool

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instructions come with each set of sensors downloads are not always reliable or accountable.

Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been looking at a few SE Sedonas and have am happy with the location of where to put them. Steve did you remove the bumper to drill or is it clear behind it to drill straight through?

·
Registered
702 Posts
pkrboo said:
I have been looking at a few SE Sedonas and have am happy with the location of where to put them. Steve did you remove the bumper to drill or is it clear behind it to drill straight through?
You have to be carefull where you drill because of the large metal reinforer behind the bumper, just get under it and you'll see where to drill

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pkrboo said:
NO I did not remove the bumper, but you have to feed the wires under the 'foamy/polystyrene type' filler that is between the resin/fibre bumper which is about 2 3mm thick. this is easy from underneath on your back. Bring the four sensor wires uo through into the boot, (remove trim panel from floor and press off the side trim and feed the wires to sensors and bleeper thro to jack area bring beeper wire thro finger handle in jack compartment cover no drilling required in car itself.
Sounds alot but when I got on with it all runs smooth and makes sence.

Steve G

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have also fitted reverse sensors to my 03 Diesel, the fitting and feeding the wires through went ok but I am having trouble finaly connecting them. I have tried connecting the live to the thinner of the two white wires in the loom and checked the continuity to the reverse light ok. the earth to one of the black wires and got continuity to earth ok, but they still do not work when reverse engaged.

I have them temporarily connected to a plug in the rear cigarette lighter socket and they work ok. Of course they are on all of the time, a bit of a pain if someone gets too close at junctions but they do the job.

Can someone please advise where and which wires it is best to connect to.
Regards

Ray

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi
The live in your kit splices into the reversing light wire and the earth you can fitto a screw or other earth near where you are working. I found the instructions ok with the kit I bought. Only had to splice one wire the rest was all push fit with inline fuses.
Steve Gx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for that Steve Gx, but the question really where on the loom is the best place to connect it.
It is not easy to feed the live through to the rear light cluster, so I was trying to find which wire in the loom under the protection panel in the boot area was the correct one to spice into.

I am used to wiring diagrams with diffent coloured wires to indicate which circuit is which, all the wires in the loom seem to be nearly all the samefewcolours so there must be someother way of identifying which is which

I will give it another try and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks

Ray

1 - 20 of 23 Posts