Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the Kia reverse parking sensors fitted to my SW. It's unusual in that there is a display fitted on the windscreen, next to the rear view mirror, which gives a read out in metres. The unit also has the usual beeping which gets more frantic as you get closer to the wall, post, kerb etc.

Has anyone had any notable experiences using this system?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the factory fitted rear sensors on my 2010 model Cee'd SW it dosnt have any form of display are you sure the ones you have had fitted are the genuine Kia ones?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree for something like reversing sensors if they work they work there is nothing harmful they can do to the car. Except that genuine Kia dealer fitted sensors would have the same residue of the seven warranty as the car. Thats what my dealer told me for the mudflaps, front, rear & side protection strips. But you know what car salemen are like.

My concern was have they charged you for genuine Kia but fitted something costing a lot less?

I guess some would say while you are looking at the display you cannot be looking where you are going backwards to, I assume that's why its next to the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This kit is the only aftermarket one offered by Kia dealership. Fitted by the dealership and I assume, warrantied by them. Just tested the sensors tonight. My son was brave enough to stand behind the car while in reverse (clutch in and brakes on)and test each one by moving his hand towards them.

I've found that they're not as good as the ones on my old Saab at detecting kerbs although they work fine on cars and walls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts