Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i have a 2013Kia ceed the reverse light and sensors seem to work when every thing is cold but when the car warms up they stop working
Can anyone help please
UPDATE
Today i sat in my drive with no engine running and kept selecting reverse sometimes the lights work and then they stop working then may start working again , When they are working and the symbel for thr reverse sensors on the dash is on but the bleepping souond dose nt change even if someone walks behind the car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi new to the forum....I know of this problem it's to do with the wiring to the sensor...it's 2 pin..disconnect the sensor on the gearbox and bridge it out.
Hi is it a 2 pin connector if so where is it i tried disconnecting the sensors at the multi plug under the rear bumber but made no difference thank you for the reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi is it a 2 pin connector if so where is it i tried disconnecting the sensors at the multi plug under the rear bumber but made no difference thank you for the reply
No it's on the gearbox....you may have damage on the wire..

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you
If u take connector off get multimeter on buzzer...go on the pins on connector and have someone put it in reverse...you should get a sound and when u go in neutral the sound stops....this checks the sensor....test wire by taking plug off...and shorting the two pin on the plug..will test the harness...where the problem may be...search ceed backup switch on ebay..to see the sensor....Good luck....hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Everyone I am still haveing problems with a intermittent reverse light problem On my 2013 Kia Ceed , so today i pulled the plug off the gearbox reverse ligt switch and the still came on but not every time There must be another reverse light switch somewhere or the would not have come on at all

·
Registered
867 Posts
If the pins look ok - probably worth just changing the switch on the gearbox - they are not usually very expensive,heat may be affecting the switch operation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would check the plugs wonder if a earth is breaking down or some pins in the plugs are corroded.
Thank you for the reply the pins look ok is there a earth wire i could look for it was very strange i pulled the plug off the switch sellected reverse and the reverse light came on pulled it out of reverse and they went off put it back in reverse they came on again no switch connected

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone I am still haveing problems with a intermittent reverse light problem On my 2013 Kia Ceed , so today i pulled the plug off the gearbox reverse ligt switch and the still came on but not every time There must be another reverse light switch somewhere or the would not have come on at all
What colour are the wires ....you probably got the wrong sensor...should be BLUE AND RED....taking sensor off you will not get any reverse lights or rear sensor working or camera working if you have a camera.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for your reply yes I was misinformed which the switch was it was I have been told since I was working on the neutral switch I have now found the correct switch under the battery and replaced it . It is working at the moment thank you for your reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your reply yes I was misinformed which the switch was it was I have been told since I was working on the neutral switch I have now found the correct switch under the battery and replaced it . It is working at the moment thank you for your reply
Yes easily missed....when I did it was a wire broken on the edge of the connector.....Glad you sorted it...Happy reversing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts