Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. The reverse light on my girlfriend's '54 plate Picanto GS is not working. Firstly changed / checked the reverse bulbs (am I correctin thinking they have one on each side?) and these looked fine but have changed anyway.

The only possible fuse reference I could find is in the dash fuse box, labelled "TCU B/UP" (see here http://gangasudhan.com/images/FuseBoxDiagram1.jpg), and I've checked this and it's fine. Am I missing something obvious?!

I'm wondering if a microswitch in the gearstick assembly has gone. Before I start delving further, is there anything obvious to check?

Thanks,
Ed Ludlow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have a '59 picanto (facelift) so I'm not sure if you will have two reverse light bulbs as mine only has one on the near side. if the bulb(s) look ok I would possibly just try a new one in there if you have one kicking about just to double check, do you have access to or own a multi-meter at all. I obviously don't know how much mechanical knowledge you have but after checking all the fuses i would check the reverse light switch on the gearbox (they have a two pin plug on it, unplug it and bridge the terminals with a split pin with the ignition on and see if they then light up) I do hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys sorry to hijack a post but was wondering if anyone knew which fuse is the reverse switch on a 1.1 Petrol 2009 Kia Picanto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a '59 picanto (facelift) so I'm not sure if you will have two reverse light bulbs as mine only has one on the near side. if the bulb(s) look ok I would possibly just try a new one in there if you have one kicking about just to double check, do you have access to or own a multi-meter at all. I obviously don't know how much mechanical knowledge you have but after checking all the fuses i would check the reverse light switch on the gearbox (they have a two pin plug on it, unplug it and bridge the terminals with a split pin with the ignition on and see if they then light up) I do hope this helps.

I was hoping you could helped you may have the same model as myself. When you say bridge the terminal do you mean on the wiring from the car to the swi6ch . Or the wiring that is actually on the switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my girlfriend has a 2011 Picanto.
can someone please tell me how to take off the rear bumper.
I have already removed plastic screws and nuts from the mudguard and wheel arch area.
I need to change the whole light assembly.

many thanks for any help...Doug.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
The light assembly on the 2011 is not part of the bumper. But if you want to remove the bumper you need to remove the light first as there are bumper fixings behind it at the bottom of the lamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts