Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Super Moderator
Just updated my Reverse Light to a LED Bulb, and the end result is so much better. Gone from a dark picture at night to an acceptable level of illumination. This is what i used ( link edited out) Takes about 5 mins to change over.
H & welcome.

Not good to just post a link in your 1st post as it looks like spam.
So I have edited the post to remove the link.

Registered
Just updated my Reverse Light to a LED Bulb, and the end result is so much better. Gone from a dark picture at night to an acceptable level of illumination. This is what i used a Auxito 912 t15 howpower 2835 15-smd chipset. Takes about 5 mins to change over.
I'd love to know how you can do it in 5 minutes as I've been told you have to remove part of the rear bumper to do it.
Pretty please?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the corner where the light is, if you lie down, there is a small corner piece with 3 push in fasteners, that you free with a screwdriver and pull out and 2 nuts that you unscrew by hand. Once the piece is off, reach up, release the wiring harness, and turn the bulb 90 degrees to the left and it should pop out. The link below is to a you tube video that explains it in more detail. Something that i followed. When you actually get down to doing it, you will find its a fast change over.

Registered
2020 Niro "2" HEV
It sounds like the OP has the pre-facelift model, which used a 16W capless bulb in the reversing light. The 2020 facelift model (which I, and I believe you too, Llanigraham have) has a different shaped reversing light on the nearside, and rear foglamp on the offside. In both cases the bulb is an LED which is part of the lamp assembly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2020 facelifted model hybrid. The stock bulb is a halogen, which I have replaced with a LED Bulb. The bulb as I presume in the earlier models too pops out and is not an integrated piece.

The bulb in question is this one that i have used based on feedback from someone else on this forum.

Registered
It sounds like the OP has the pre-facelift model, which used a 16W capless bulb in the reversing light. The 2020 facelift model (which I, and I believe you too, Llanigraham have) has a different shaped reversing light on the nearside, and rear foglamp on the offside. In both cases the bulb is an LED which is part of the lamp assembly.
I think that depends on the specification you have. Mine is a 2 and the reverse light is definitely not an LED.

Super Moderator
I have a 4 and its still not an LED. :)
Niro is disappointing on the rear lights. As previous Stonic were all LED, and Niro is only rear brake lights (I think) rest are old fashioned, gas lamps 馃槀

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.