Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
iv had my 2014 Kia Sportage 1.7 CRDi ISG 3 a year now absolutely love it , last month noticed clouding on the dashboard screen when reversing , had a look at the reverse camera and it has a tiny chip on the outside lens/casein , 4 weeks later the camera has now no vision at all , only thing I can think that’s happened is it’s been a stone that’s chipped it ! a Kia replacement is £400 ,which seems a bit steep for a replacement, tried looking at other avenues - eBay etc but there’s so many claiming to fit and quite obviously won’t, any advice on whether another models camera would fit would be much appreciated or any other fixes ! 58CFD20C-9A7E-4A1B-8366-40EE1A5ED710.jpeg 972A238A-26D5-4064-8864-AD445CB88F17.png

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I'd swerve anything other than OEM, get the part number and see if there are any online on the likes of eBay or a breakers yard. Searching using the part number weeds out a lot of the chaffe that appears through other keywords.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, yip I’ve came to that conclusion, iv got part number, and been trying breakers on eBay ( no luck !) the camera that’s fitted to my model must not have been used for any length of time , its Like trying to find hens teeth !might have to pay the £400 🙈

·
Registered
8 Posts
coincedently, just returned from the Kia dealership. Had a blank screen with just he gridlines on the screen. They fitted a new camera under warranty on my 2013 KX4.
Is it worth trying this route?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The person that owed the car before me missed 1 service out ! So me thinks my 7 warranty is now void

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The person that owed the car before me missed 1 service out ! So me thinks my 7 warranty is now void
Missing one service will only void warranty on those elements which should have been serviced and even then it would be for KIA to show that this was contributing at least partially to the fault.

There is no service action for the reversing camera so KIA cannot wiggle out on those grounds, however if there is any sign of physical damage this would be good grounds for a warranty rejection.

There must be someting out there that would do the job at a much better price than you have been quoted - you could fit a whole new aftermarket rev cam system for less than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts