Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I guess they could be experiencing higher call volumes because with so many people losing their jobs or losing 20% of their income due to furlough, suddenly that car on the drive that they're paying for monthly has become a financial millstone round their necks and they either need to get rid (seeing as they're barley using it anyway) or restructure their agreement to make it affordable.
So all Financial Services companies ARE getting additional calls because of so many people being so negatively affected - I am sure ALD will be exactly the same.
Surely offset by the fact they haven't been able to 'sell' any cars.
So swings and roundabouts, one type of call has been replaced by another and little net change.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Surely offset by the fact they haven't been able to 'sell' any cars.
So swings and roundabouts, one type of call has been replaced by another and little net change.
I work in financial services and confirm our calls and emails have gone up by some 35% since lockdown/covid-19. People are desperately trying to reschedule their finances and reschedule loan repayments. We have full staff working and where we would get back to a customer within 2 hours this is now taking us anything up to a week. No doubt ADL are in the same position and if they have staff furloughed then I don't think it is too unreasonable to expect delays in replying to your enquiry. I don't agree with your comment 'one type of call replaced by another so little net change' as our statistics can disprove this theory.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I work in financial services and confirm our calls and emails have gone up by some 35% since lockdown/covid-19. People are desperately trying to reschedule their finances and reschedule loan repayments. We have full staff working and where we would get back to a customer within 2 hours this is now taking us anything up to a week. No doubt ADL are in the same position and if they have staff furloughed then I don't think it is too unreasonable to expect delays in replying to your enquiry. I don't agree with your comment 'one type of call replaced by another so little net change' as our statistics can disprove this theory.
You're not in the car business though, so comparing apples with oranges.
And while I do expect delays, wouldn't you say two weeks tomorrow is excessive to still not have the information I've asked for?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have never had to call a finance company when buying a car. It's all very straightforward and mostly done on line or with the dealer. I would hazard a guess that they get very few calls from people buying cars as it's all very much following a well trodden automated process.

I can totally believe they have had a lot more calls to deal with because of Covid-19.

In my business we have barely sold anything for 3 months now but our call volumes have increased dramatically overall because of all of the customers that urgently need to cut costs and cancel their contracts with us. It's not simply been a case of less sales calls, more customer service calls, but zero sales calls and 4x the number of customer service calls - overall our phone system & front line team has been swamped - and we're not even in FS, we're a software company selling to other businesses.

Not only that but FS companies are all set up to work in offices - they have had to get all their staff working from home and hurriedly put in cloud phone systems and give people equipment to be able to deal with calls from their home. Some homeworkers will have great internet, a quiet room in their house and no family dramas to deal with. Others will have screaming children who can't go to school, pets, postmen & delivery drivers, or they have terrible bandwidth because all the people in their vicinity are at home streaming Netflix... or they live in a rural location where broadband speeds are poor... So even if they physically have the same number of employees manning the phones, these employees (if our own experiences are atypical) will be typically working at about 60% of the capacity they would be working at if they were in their normal physical office - this adds even more pressure to call centres.

So before you go shouting your mouth about them, just think about it for a moment. It's a really tough time for all businesses. It's particularly tough for those that run call centres. And it's even more tough for FS organisations. So ALD who are a business, in FS, with a call centre, will likely be hit hardest of all. If they're being tardy with their responses, it is totally understandable and people who don't accept this are being totally unreasonable.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If they're being tardy with their responses, it is totally understandable and people who don't accept this are being totally unreasonable.
Two weeks tomorrow since I asked what it would cost me to return the car early.
No response to emails, not even answering calls.
Unreasonable my backside.
My next move will be stopping the direct debit for July, I bet I hear from them then.....

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Why would they have additional calls during this period?
Every other company has reported a drop in business, so what's your logic that Kia/ALD have more?
And what would you consider an acceptable response time, because it will be two weeks tomorrow since I asked for a settlement figure and I am still in the dark.
What this actually smacks of is staff 'working' at home....working being very much in inverted commas.....
I'm still working in the office (key worker) but see daily evidence that this 'working at home' is a complete misnomer, productivity and responses go out the window.
Think about it.

What have lease/pcp co's not been able to do?

That's right PICK UP end of lease cars. So that has lead to people calling in asking what is going to happen, when will car be picked up & most important. Do they need to keep car insured as contract has ended.

Working from home is worse than actually being in the office. Lack of actual contact with work mates. Being watched every second you are supposed to be remotely. Rather than knowing manager is looking at what you are not doing :whistle:
Daughter is doing home working now, having had to work from office over main lock down. So know exactly how much they are monitored.

Where I used to work as seen call wait times go from a average of a couple of mins, to way over 2 hours. Many are having to wait even longer.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Think about it.

What have lease/pcp co's not been able to do?

That's right PICK UP end of lease cars.
Well that's the next thing, if I'm two weeks down the line and I don't even know how much it's costing me to return the car early, how long it's going to take them to process my early termination and organise collection?
Whilst others may not think so I do have sympathy for people working in these circumstances, but I won't be swayed that two weeks is unacceptable just for a bloody figure!!
Insurance is a good point, as I am changing insurance to our new car as of Tuesday.
I will be parking the car away from home, no room for it at ours.

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Insurance is a good point, as I am changing insurance to our new car as of Tuesday.
I will be parking the car away from home, no room for it at ours.
One many have tried to get a answer on. Read the contract & it will say it is your responsibility till it is collected. So, that means either you insure it (laid up ins) but I would be keeping it off the road well away from any danger.

Remember they have have at least 3 months worth of cars that they were unable to pick up as the company that takes them shut down. As well as no car auctions.
So they will now be working their way through sorting them by date order.

While stopping DD sounds a way to prompt contact. Check the contract as it may incur a charge for non payment & also a mark on your credit file for non payment.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I intend to park it at work behind locked gates and security patrolled.
I'll discuss lay up insurance with privilege.
When I do (eventually...) pay the early settlement, I will email them to advise that is my responsibility to maintain the car ended.
The next service is due 15th August. I am absolutely not organising or paying for that, nor the MOT - whenever that is due.

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
I intend to park it at work behind locked gates and security patrolled.
I'll discuss lay up insurance with privilege.
When I do (eventually...) pay the early settlement, I will email them to advise that is my responsibility to maintain the car ended.
The next service is due 15th August. I am absolutely not organising or paying for that, nor the MOT - whenever that is due.
Ah the joys of owing your own car and not having to worry over problems like yours 😂

·
Registered
174 Posts
Two weeks tomorrow since I asked what it would cost me to return the car early.
No response to emails, not even answering calls.
Unreasonable my backside.
My next move will be stopping the direct debit for July, I bet I hear from them then.....
They've probably been reading your posts on this forum, realised what a confrontational and argumentative so and so you are and are ignoring you:p

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
They've probably been reading your posts on this forum, realised what a confrontational and argumentative so and so you are and are ignoring you:p
This is top notch banter.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Can the mods delete this thread please - I can't see how.
I'm off on holiday as of tonight and I don't access the site in my own time.
Hoping it will be gone before I'm back to work and I'm unlikely to update it after the event.
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Can the mods delete this thread please - I can't see how.
I'm off on holiday as of tonight and I don't access the site in my own time.
Hoping it will be gone before I'm back to work and I'm unlikely to update it after the event.
Thanks ;)
Duck and run for cover? Mods please don't delete this thread - I want to see how many likes are given to post #32

21 - 36 of 36 Posts