Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have done the Newbie bit so could do with someones wisdom, how much fuel is left in the tank of the 02 Sportage when the red light comes on? I didnt get an owners manual with it, thanks in anticipation, D.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Colourgt54, you normally get at least 30 Miles, but could suck up a bit of crap from the tank!!

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again the reason I asked about Reserve is due to having running problems I was told to use Cat Cleaner this should cure the intermittant problem I have but can only use the cat cleaner in 15 lts of petrol, so quite rightly I do not want to suck all the crud off the bottom.

Best Regards
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried and tested by my wife.She has done 35 miles before it starts to splutter.I would calculate this to about 5 litres of fuel.Not a recommended practice.Cheers John

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you are towing I would aim at about 20 MPG.

Blackcloud900 Hi John would change fuel filter after concluding that.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi John,
thanks for the info it is useful, once I have put the cat cleaner in and run it I wont let it get low again, although typical Kia the tank seam is rotten and I have been losing fuel since I got it.

Best Regards

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi blackcloud900 cannot reply to your message re hubs hence got you on this. Talked with a 4x4 mechanic mainly landovers but all sorts. He said failure on auto hubs very rare. Did a quick drive and all felt ok but will test again soon. He said to test it once in a while as it helps to keep them working. So now I don't know what to do? Why take off good hubs but sods law the first flake of snow and they won't work.
could you let me know where you got yours from please and also are you based in the Uk or the USA.
Cheers Gavin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Haven't bought them yet.Have seen them on Amazon,will be buying for winter.
As i have said i have two sportages and they both had the same problem.I also have a mate who also had the same problem and new of several other people with this issue.We can't all be unlucky.But see how you go.
UK based by the way.
Cheers John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts