Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot unlock my Ceed manually via driver door. The key will not turn. However wireless central locking does work.
Just been to see Kia and having paid £70 for diagnostic they said I need a new door lock and are asking for £200 to supply and fit which I thought was a bit steep.

I have called a couple of scrapyards and they sell them for £25.

The question is- how easy or difficult would it be to fit one? Is there a video out there showing this?

Many thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Did you fix the Coolant Pipe problem?
It is nice to get feedback and could help others with the same problem.

I presume it is the Door Actuator you need to replace and not just the Lock?
If so, the Window and Window Mech needs to come out.
A bit fiddly but not too bad. I have had them out to replace a snapped Wire Rope.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly fixed the coolant pipe. There was a hole in the aluminium pipe. When I contacted Kia they originally gave me a price for the whole coolant pipe system. When I pushed them they eventually gave me a price for the aluminium pipe - around £35. In the end it was a DIY jobby. I wrapped some 2 part epoxy cement around the hole and let set overnight. No more leaks!

Regarding the lock, I spoke to the technician who said that it was a faulty micro switch which activated the electrics for the central locking - would this be the same as the actuator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts