Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has recently damaged her 2018 Sportage GT line rear near side door.
she’s been offered a 2019 door but doesn’t know if 2019 will fit her 2018 car.
does anyone on here have any knowledge or ideas of this sort of thing.
thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KesT, thanks, good point. I think they are the same inside but not 100% sure.
I suppose I could try and get the part numbers if there is such a thing and compare them

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, vengablue. Thank you

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve come to the conclusion that the 2018 and 2019 doors are the same, so my daughter is going ahead with it.
interestingly she contacted our local Kia dealer to see if she could get the part number and they said that they can’t give part numbers out because of business protection.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kia don't want you buying it from a 3rd party - that's why.

My brother has a Hyundai Ioniq - his has the 15" alloys but they come with a wheel trim (supposed to aid efficiency) . Any way, he scuffed one on Saturday and I was going to order a new one for him on Sunday. I thought I'd just look on-line and get one. The only way to order one is by phoning your local Hyundai dealer (sales desk closed on Sundays). I was amazed I couldn't order one on-line.

The cost.....£97.84.....just for, what is, a plastic wheel trim.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing, cheaper to remove the other 3:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My daughter has recently damaged her 2018 Sportage GT line rear near side door.
she’s been offered a 2019 door but doesn’t know if 2019 will fit her 2018 car.
does anyone on here have any knowledge or ideas of this sort of thing.
thanks
I've got a 2018 model (the facelifted one) and I've had a door from a 2017 model fitted. It wasn't a straight swap as the wiring loom, the door to chassis connectors and the cutout for the door mirror were different. It just meant the wiring had to be swapped and the cutout widened for the newer wiring loom. Nothing too difficult though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Purple lion- thanks, for minute there I thought you were going to say they weren’t compatible at all. Hopefully not too many surprises when we get it. Thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.