Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone can advise on approx cost of a replacement key and fob for a 2007 GS 2.9 CRDi Sedona (doesn't have electric sliding doors). Does the key have a transponder and what does it cost to get replacement items coded to your particular car ?

·
Registered
662 Posts
key has a transponder and costs £25.55 this includes key cutting
the remote costs £69.71

programming costs £37.37

total £132.63

hope this helps we offer 10% off that total as you are a club member

viking 01489 780000

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul, Thanks for quick response.
If its just as a spare presumably I could get away with just the key at £25.55 or does the £37.37 cover programming for both the key and remote ... I'm not that clear on how the transponder works.
I've just bought the car and was told by garage it would come with 2 key but when I collected there was only one so they will hopefully supply a second. Does the vehicle normally come with 2 remotes or just 1 on the main set of keys ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought 2 new keys for mine @ 9,98 euros each + 7 e to be cut & 19 e for programming. Appears parts are a lot cheaper here!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question for Viking Paul
Hello Paul,I spoke to you on the phone about my 2002 petrol Sportage in Bulgaria with key that's lost its code.

If I obtained anEC module and key from a wreck and sent them out,would the key andEC retain their codes when fitted into my car?and start it?

I'm asking the question here because I dont want to keep bothering you at work.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yes thats possible but you also need the BCM and the ignition lock as the key wont fit better still find a dealer who can code the key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts