·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did somebody recently ask about replacement non Kia replace the info system

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at getting a sportage and id be. Using the non sat nav but I want to install an aftermarket like this. Whats it like to wire up?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ,if you know what your doing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id probably take it to an auto electrician i use. Any reccomended head units? Or will any do the job?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it's not a stupid question what's wrong with the Kia unit.
My car has the Kia JBL system and it's superb. Ok, it not the loudest but the sound quality is great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking at buying one, they tend to be a good £1000 more expensive with the kia unit installed, plus map updates will be expensive and not as up to date. Aftermarket units tend to be £400 for a really good one that runs apple car play and android using Google maps which is free and you can use 2 cameras. So for less that the extra £1000 id save i could upgrade to a better unit thats future proofed and more advanced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For £10k I can get a 2016/ maybe 2017 with sub 50k miles but no nav. £11k to £12k would get you a 2018 base model at a push, but nothing necessarily newer. Id rather pay 10 grand for a decent 2016 and upgrade the nav myself I think. The grand id save wouldnt get me anything newer, just the trim level which I can do better myself for £500 if you see what I mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts