Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have got my eye on a CRDi 1.7 '3' spec. Ideally I would like sat-nav as I have it in my current car; but after reading on here how poor the unit is, I can't justify the extra cash it would be. I do think the reversing camera is a great idea though after seeing the limited rear visibility on my test drive on Friday.

So here is my question to you all, has anyone had an aftermarket head unit fitted that has all of the steering wheel controls used, works with the Bluetooth and has a rear view camera that works as should. If you could enlighten me what make and model it would probably seal the deal.

On another note, is there any difference between the instrument cluster on a '3' to a '3 sat-nav'

Cheers for looking

Neil

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've fitted a Chinese 'no brand' aftermarket unit to my wife's car. Everything seems to work including the Bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I'm pretty sure the unit uses its built in microphone for the phone though. It is slightly less clear than it was before. There's not much in it though.

There is the facility for a rear view camera but I haven't fitted it yet.

The nav software is IGO8. It is very good and has full postcode search etc. Like the factory unit, there is no TMC though, which is a shame.

The audio sound quality is no better or worse than the standard radio but it does have a full set of pre-outs including a sub so you could add a better amplifier if want to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, it is just the sort of information I was after. You couldn't let me know which model it is and where you got it from could you.

Neil

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm afraid it was a lucky find on eBay.

Have look at this thread on another forum. It is essential reading if you are thinking of getting one of these units.

<strong style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb239, 239, 239; ">After market navi/radio/DVD/BT[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts