Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day.
I have a car KIA Sportage 2017.
I noticed that the radio started to work badly, and I wanted to change something in my car for a long time.
I began to look and understood that the best way to put a good android stereo. I started to look around on the internet.
Found a few good options. Wanted to know if you may have installed something similar? I see here some people instaled unit from Aliex. Can you tell me whats the defferens here?
What should I ask before buying one?
Is there maybe any specifics? 馃

Registered
Good day.
I have a car KIA Sportage 2017.
I noticed that the radio started to work badly, and I wanted to change something in my car for a long time.
I began to look and understood that the best way to put a good android stereo. I started to look around on the internet.
Found a few good options. Wanted to know if you may have installed something similar? I see here some people instaled unit from Aliex. Can you tell me whats the defferens here?
What should I ask before buying one?
Is there maybe any specifics? 馃
HI Andy,
This topic is often covered. There are aftermarket units available, however the wiring kits can be expensive, especially if you want to retain your steering wheel controls.
As the radio system was upgraded in 2016, it is ESSENTIAL that you know which version you currently have, as the wiring is very different for each of the models and are not compatible with each other.

I replaced the Radio in my 2016 Sportage with the same model after it broke, so i wrote a very simple "How to" on how to remove the existing unit, so cant really help on an aftermarket upgrade, but this will help identify which model you already have.

Sportage Mk4 SatNav Removal | Kia Owners Club Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts