Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks
Am new to this forum and have 2 questions -

I love my Kia SE and want to keep it in pristine conditon and forever!!!.

What does the SE stand for?

Also want to replace a missing alloy wheel lock bolt have trawled the internet to find a suitable replacement but cannot find one to match my SE model. There are so many options that I dont know which one to choose. It is cone shaped, 50 mm in length with a 60 degree taper and 27 mm from base to top of the rims. Nut size measures 27mm across.

Is there a Guru out there that can advise me of either an alternative make of car that has the same locking bolt or even better where I can obtain one?

Redrutherglen

·
Registered
662 Posts
go to you local dealer they will supply you with the correct boltby time you buy a bolt and add postage its going to be dearer than the genuine part

se stands for SPECIAL EDITION

now don't you feel all warm and fuzzy
knowing your SPECIAL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul - you are a star!

However,done that, worn the t'shirt etc and they cannot find a bolt listing for the SE - think will have to measure up the bolt and give them the specs. Heyho wish I had taken mechanics at school instead of an all girls school with needlework etc etc

·
Registered
662 Posts
REDRUTHERGLEN said:
Hi Paul - you are a star!

However,done that, worn the t'shirt etc and they cannot find a bolt listing for the SE - think will have to measure up the bolt and give them the specs. Heyho wish I had taken mechanics at school instead of an all girls school with needlework etc etc

pm me with your reg number and i will give you the part number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Star Paul
Am getting better at mechanics. Measured the bolt all by myself! V shape cone 60 degrees, shaft 75 mm 1.5 . Phone another Kia supplier yesterday who looked up my car reg. and spec. He informed me my car came with standard Kia wheelnuts and that the lock bolts must have been a replacement at some stage. He suggested I try and purchase a new set of locking bolts with same spec as current one. Why didnt my local dealer tell me this...............! Heyho back to the internet trawling board I suppose. Just in case you can find out more my reg is BUN 5UX 1

Edited by: davy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts