Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A 56 plate registered as 2006 Kia Carens, which i believe to be a MK2.
However my car has failed its MOT and i need a replacement exhaust (back box, and pipe to the middle piece- not the CAT, the garage says the CAT isn't blowing).
None of the websites i look at or pictures i can find seem to have my exhaust, neither can my Garage find it either.
Has the wrong one been previously put on and thats why nothing matches up?

I've attached a few pictures i was able to take whilst the car was up on the ramp. My car is still at the garage, So i am unable to grab any more at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You say cat and not DPF so I take it its a petrol engine ? engine size CC would be good to have and will help in a search..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yes the car is a petrol engine. the 1975cc version. First registered Sept 2006 according to log book
Will have a search but can't promise anything it seems to be a common problem now as Kia cars get older the parts dry up.. if I or you can find nothing and you really want to keep the car on the road then you could always try breaker link or at the last resort get a stainless system made up..most obvious question is have you tried ebay..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried looking at ebay, and i've also looked at the onlineautomotive site, but none of them match my existing exhaust. Thanks for trying to help though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I've tried looking at ebay, and i've also looked at the onlineautomotive site, but none of them match my existing exhaust. Thanks for trying to help though.
Are you sure its a mk2 exhaust.. compare it with a Mk1 and see if that matches.. always worth a punt..

·
Super Moderator
5,415 Posts
I do not know where abouts in the Uk you are.
I used this local guy
To make a full stainless system for my old Pug 207CC. It cost less for that than a back section from a certain chain...

So maybe have a look locally and see what comes up.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
Picanto 4 ISG mk2 (TA) 2015 1.25
16 Posts
Have a look in the Bosal catalogue to see if you can find a match : Bosal After Market Catalog | Bosal Alternatively Bosal produce universal silencers, so if the garage are any good they could probably make up the back section you need. Also there is the Klarius catalogue : https://www.klarius.eu/ You need to register for this but just use a temporary email address if you are worried. As a last resort, have a custom exhaust made up as iooi suggests. (e.g., Longlife dealers). You will need to take the car there though. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I do not know where abouts in the Uk you are.
I used this local guy
To make a full stainless system for my old Pug 207CC. It cost less for that than a back section from a certain chain...

So maybe have a look locally and see what comes up.
I have a feeling that this might be the only option unless the OP gets luck..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Stoke on Trent, thanks for your help it looks like i am going to have to take it somewhere and get one built.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
power flow thats the local company that people have suggested.
Been there and never again.. a south African company that imports its products [ exhaust boxes ] in various states of loudness.. supposedly T304 stainless but mine rusted in 3 weeks..I had a mate who is the owner of Prospeed exhausts here in wales his shop was just up the road from me but now relocated.. he comes from S.A and was involved with motorsports before he set up his company in the UK.. he trained the staff @ longlife here in wales but left to set up his shop when they wouldn't give him a pay rise.. suggest you look up Longlife exhausts where you are and then look for revues on the branch.. a little searching could save a little heartache should they not be up to scratch..

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
175 Posts
If you do steer clear of all power flow franchises = garbage..
might depend on the individual site.
I had a full custom system fitted to a car, it went back each year for its free check, never had a single problem in over ten years.
that said the place that did mine have since closed.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The quality of the welding on mine was shocking.. most of the guys from what I have seen in Power flow franchises use a mig and not a tig which gives a better finish with no spatter.. mine looked like it was covered in chicken sh1t it was that bad..

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
175 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I was very impressed with mine, was a one man band company called power and performance
Mine was fitted in 2006 and by the looks of things he has expanded into repairs as well..

Also I notice that he is now using a tig welder.. in that link

1 - 17 of 17 Posts