Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I had to get a jump start for the car as the battery was virtually dead and wouldn't fire the car up :(

It's the original battery as far as I can tell, so it's certainly lasted very well considering it's been up in Scotland its whole life.

Had a quick look on eBay for a price check and it seems the cheapest ones are just under £40.

Any recommendations for replacement units at a competitive price?

·
Registered
86 Posts
As i remember from other forums the battery has a lower lip on it to secure it down & all the cheaper batteries do not?
The ones the dealer supply have this so to secure it down is not a problem,i should just check before you buy that it can be secured down properly?
Gazcaz.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I certainly recommend a Varta silver calcium battery or you could go for a Exide or Bosch make but the silver calcium ones are better than the old type. They are usually guaranteed for 4 years and come in at £35 plus depending on make.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gazcaz,
I noticed on eBay that some of the stock images were for flat sided batteries - so that's a good point to note!

Davy,

Do you have any particular suppliers that you can recommend for the Varta (or the others) battery?

The cars been starting fine the past few days, now that the temps have raised slightly!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
gtd2000 said:
Davy,

Do you have any particular suppliers that you can recommend for the Varta (or the others) battery?

The cars been starting fine the past few days, now that the temps have raised slightly!
Here is one thats £44.50 inc P&P http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk/wizard/Car+Battery+Finder/
just do a google search for Varta car battery and there is loads to choose from.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I agree with Davy too the varta batteries are very good quality for the money , or the other alternative I can recommend if you don't use the car much and left for more than a week before starting is usafa batteries :) just stay clear from numak batteries there very poor quality I find .

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the local factors for a price but they wanted £69 for a new battery! Seems ridiculous for an oversized motorcycle battery....

Online purchase I think ;)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
gtd2000 said:
I tried the local factors for a price but they wanted £69 for a new battery! Seems ridiculous for an oversized motorcycle battery....

Online purchase I think ;)
Yep I fink so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts