Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my rear wiper had started to split the other week so decided to order a replacement unit but noticed you could buy the whole assembly including the arm for £7.99 in the UK on eBay.

I'd previously repaired the snapped arm, after 2 feet of snow snapped it last year.

Here's the video of the new arm and wiper blade fitment:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Good vid again GTD.. but there's that word again.. CHINA !!!.. not only monkey metal but monkey plastic.. think I would have passed on that one..:poop: :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good vid again GTD.. but there's that word again.. CHINA !!!.. not only monkey metal but monkey plastic.. think I would have passed on that one..:poop: :)
I'll let folks know how it performs.

I'll keep hold of the original Kia unit as a spare for the time being. 😉

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Was quite surprised by the no spline's thing and also very surprised how expensive the arms are from breakers.. the blade its self I have just refitted a refill.. did one for my Venga the other day 2 minutes flat.. I personally go out of my way to avoid Chinese sellers but the other day I had to bite the bullet when I needed a new battery for my Makita cordless hammer drill.. such is life but the wife wanted to whip me in disgust lol.. once again great vid keep knocking them out.. :cool:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was quite surprised by the no spline's thing and also very surprised how expensive the arms are from breakers.. the blade its self I have just refitted a refill.. did one for my Venga the other day 2 minutes flat.. I personally go out of my way to avoid Chinese sellers but the other day I had to bite the bullet when I needed a new battery for my Makita cordless hammer drill.. such is life but the wife wanted to whip me in disgust lol.. once again great vid keep knocking them out.. :cool:

View attachment 10718
I would normally go to my favourite breakers yard in Edinburgh, Edinburgh Sports Car Breakers but since the covid19 event, they've been closed to the public and will not be opening again for public access. It's all going to be online from here on out!
Such a shame as they really were a fantastic traditional breakers yard with very reasonable pricing.
I was up there a couple of months back when they told me about the planned changes, as I was looking for an old 13" spare wheel (ford 108 pcd) for my trailer.
Online price for a used wheel and tyre was nearly £50 plus vat.... I suppose I can understand why they wouldn't want to revert to the original system but I picked one up with an as new tyre elsewhere for £12 with the vat...
The mind boggles!
My usual local breakers yard, S&I Thompson in Galashiels sell used parts for prices above new parts with two year warranties and easy returns.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
While here In Wales and not far from me.. how's about this for a rip off..one rear against the price of a pair of fronts..

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While here In Wales and not far from me.. how's about this for a rip off..one rear against the price of a pair of fronts..

Probably cheaper new from the local dealer? 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts