Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Kia Mechanics, any tips for removing the internal plastics on my 2011 FE so I can route the wiring for my towbar? I also need to remove the trim under the front wing?
I dont want to snap any lugs off the trims by removing themin the wrong fashion.

Any info would be much appreciated, Ta.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi mr unhappy i was led to beleave the wiring loom was already in the car just waiting to couple up to the tow bar harness is this more kia BS

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The towbar wiring harness just plugs to the original wiring, but you still have to get the wiring to the battery if you need the 13pin wiring or the old type with 2 sockets. If you only need the 7 pin socket for a trailer the kia specific wiring just plugs into the original car harness in the boot and tail lights, without having to connect to the battery. You still need to remove the rear passenger seat base and rear left hand seat back. also the kick strip on the rear left side .There is a screw under the trim that holds the large piece of trim in the boot that you need access to the wiring.
if you need anymore info or where to buy the witter bar that i bought, feel free to get intouch.

My towbar is detachable and the alko ball is also detachable,that way we can fit a cycle rackand i can fit a detachable bumper protector. The Kia wiring swivels behind the bumper so you can't see the socket or towing bracket. NICE.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts