Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some weeks ago I ran over a tin of white gloss paint some numpty lost from their vehicle, I could not stop where I was and by the time I did it had dried out. I have pressure washed the bumper and tyres and some of the larger patches of the paint have come off. I am now left with lots of white dots on rear bumper, door sill and tyre. Luckily the car is white and although there must be some flecks on the body I can not see any.

So does anyone have any idea what I can use to remove the flecks that are left, too abrasive and I will need to have the bumper resprayed. Any ideas please?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A large professional car paint shop could be worth a visit, not for a touch up, but to ask how to get it off with as little damage as possible. There are different paint systems in use, so a chemical that may be delicate on one brand of car may be less delicate on another brand.

Magic erasers are effective, but also very abrasive, similar to a 3M ultrafine abrasive pad, the gloss will be dulled. The gloss coat should be preserved as much as possible

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. I think I will try the white spirit first. As it is on the bumpers only I dont want to try acetone (nail polish remover) or the magic eraser ...yet.

Again thanks for all your suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.