Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My car got hit 馃う鈥嶁檪锔弌n the front wheel arch damaged the front bumper skirt does anybody know the part number and has anyone got the diagrams on how to remove and replace it ?
It's a late 2018 model (68 plate)

Registered
Don;t know how it's done but are you sure that is the only damage? Modern cars have very flexible outer skins for pedestrian protection, but this means that they deform a long way and spring back. I was gently rear ended at traffic lights. Only visible damage was a tiny scuff on the rear bumper and a flake of paint missing from the skid plate. Later examination revealed that there is a transverse GRP beam across the back which was cracked in multiple places and the two crush sections supporting it were concertina'd. Cost nearly 拢2k for a proper repair (at other party's insuruers cost)

The thing is that damage looked purely superficial at the roadside, but the crash worthiness of the car was compromised, so have a careful look at whatever is behind the area of the impact.

Registered
As i've too much time on my hands at the moment i took some of that time to Google 2018 Kia Sportage bumper skirt and what do you know. It throws up this example:

Which gives you a part number: 86512F1000

As regards removal and fitment a few minutes under the of the car will make it all clear.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Don;t know how it's done but are you sure that is the only damage? Modern cars have very flexible outer skins for pedestrian protection, but this means that they deform a long way and spring back. I was gently rear ended at traffic lights. Only visible damage was a tiny scuff on the rear bumper and a flake of paint missing from the skid plate. Later examination revealed that there is a transverse GRP beam across the back which was cracked in multiple places and the two crush sections supporting it were concertina'd. Cost nearly 拢2k for a proper repair (at other party's insuruers cost)

The thing is that damage looked purely superficial at the roadside, but the crash worthiness of the car was compromised, so have a careful look at whatever is behind the area of the impact.
It's only the black trim nothing else it has a 2cm cut in it no heavy damage
And no other damage to the car whatsoever

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
As i've too much time on my hands at the moment i took some of that time to Google 2018 Kia Sportage bumper skirt and what do you know. It throws up this example:

Which gives you a part number: 86512F1000

As regards removal and fitment a few minutes under the of the car will make it all clear.
Cheers that's what I'm looking for I will call kia to double check the part number

1 - 6 of 6 Posts