Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
we have a 2013 sportage 2.0 crdi and was wondering should it have remote window open/close by using the keyfob

or is it disabled at the factory and has to be set back at a dealer......

now has anyone changed the horn for something better than the ducks fart it makes..

steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ..
i had a look in the handbook and nothing there..
just got to sort the duck fart out now...i would put the same horns i have on my van but they would be too big (train horns)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up a couple of horns off fleabay. Also fitted a relay (with fuse) and a direct tap off the battery.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
should it have remote window open/close by using the keyfob
This subject has arisen previously and although I can’t remember all the dialogue, I do know that my Optima is equipped with the means to open and close the windows, using a press and hold of the door lock/unlock button. I’m fairly confident that owners of at least one other model - I think one or two of the Sportage range - reported the same facility.

As for the horn in your car, why? I could count on the fingers of both hands the number of occasions I have found the need to use that facility in six decades of driving.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This subject has arisen previously and although I can’t remember all the dialogue, I do know that my Optima is equipped with the means to open and close the windows, using a press and hold of the door lock/unlock button. I’m fairly confident that owners of at least one other model - I think one or two of the Sportage range - reported the same facility.

As for the horn in your car, why? I could count on the fingers of both hands the number of occasions I have found the need to use that facility in six decades of driving.
Sadly not the current Sportage GT-Line, I've just tried again. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up a couple of horns off fleabay. Also fitted a relay (with fuse) and a direct tap off the battery.

you must not drive around cheshire then...lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi all
we have a 2013 sportage 2.0 crdi and was wondering should it have remote window open/close by using the keyfob

now has anyone changed the horn for something better than the ducks fart it makes..
steve
hi all

steve
Hi have the 2014 sportage 2.0 crdi dealer told me this option not available and cant be programmed in, also the same for electric mirrors cant programme them in to fold in when engine turned off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi have the 2014 sportage 2.0 crdi dealer told me this option not available and cant be programmed in, also the same for electric mirrors cant programme them in to fold in when engine turned off
thanks mate...
i have seen on another forum that there is a way of getting the mirrors to fold when the doors are locked but it means messing with the wiring which i wont bother with

·
Registered
63 Posts
Folding mirrors are an easy DIY job, I did the conversion on a KX4 2013. Modules are available for less than 15 quid mine was about 8 quid with discounts. Removal of the drivers door card videos are on the interweb, in short splice a few wires and connect a few connectors.
Mine was similar to this you need to state the vehicle.
US $18.88 |General type AUTO Intelligent Car Auto Side Rear View Mirror Folding System|system|system cars - AliExpress

There is some info here, although this is a conversion to folding mirrors for a vehicle without them.
The wiring diagrams are useful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Folding mirrors are an easy DIY job, I did the conversion on a KX4 2013. Modules are available for less than 15 quid mine was about 8 quid with discounts. Removal of the drivers door card videos are on the interweb, in short splice a few wires and connect a few connectors.
Mine was similar to this you need to state the vehicle.
US $18.88 |General type AUTO Intelligent Car Auto Side Rear View Mirror Folding System|system|system cars - AliExpress

There is some info here, although this is a conversion to folding mirrors for a vehicle without them.
The wiring diagrams are useful.
Hi good to know will have a look into this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts