Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have just purchased a white Kia Optima 4 on a 67 plate that I collect on Thursday :) (I can't wait)

Just wondering does anyone know how the remote windows function works from the smart fob?

I have asked the dealer if this is a feature they have to activate and they don't have a clue.

I've also scoured the manual for the car and can only find one part that mentions it..

"If the vehicle is equipped with the
remote window up/down system;
the windows are also closed."

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Hi 'Hawkey' and welcome to the forum.

This has been mentioned before and although I can't remember the details, I think the windows can be opened/closed by a long press on the fob button.

A search may uncover the thread that dealt with that subject but I can't even remember whether it was unique to the Optima or common among other similarly-equipped models in the KIA range. I know that I have never used the function but I'm sure there must be a circumstance somehow where someone could find such a facility useful.

I hope you enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 'Hawkey' and welcome to the forum.

This has been mentioned before and although I can't remember the details, I think the windows can be opened/closed by a long press on the fob button.

A search may uncover the thread that dealt with that subject but I can't even remember whether it was unique to the Optima or common among other similarly-equipped models in the KIA range. I know that I have never used the function but I'm sure there must be a circumstance somehow where someone could find such a facility useful.

I hope you enjoy the new car.
Hi Indalo, Thank you very much!

I will have another search around although the main thing I would find it useful for would be when it's hot in the summer, an instant escape of hot air before getting in the car would be great.

I can't wait to get the car, after the test drive the other day it's not been off of my mind!

Cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Hawkey - welcome to the forum. I used this function in my GT-Line S all through the hot summer and it was invaluable in getting the car cool enough to enter in a few seconds. Just hold down the unlock button a few seconds and all four windows will start to descend until you take your finger off the button - so you can have them go part or all the way down. The same applies with the lock button to put them back up.

From memory I don't think this applies to the sunroof though.

Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi Hawkey - welcome to the forum. I used this function in my GT-Line S all through the hot summer and it was invaluable in getting the car cool enough to enter in a few seconds. Just hold down the unlock button a few seconds and all four windows will start to descend until you take your finger off the button - so you can have them go part or all the way down. The same applies with the lock button to put them back up.

From memory I don't think this applies to the sunroof though.

Enjoy your new car!
I can confirm this applies on my 18 plate Optima SW. Also, the in dash graphic on exit which shows doors open, also indicates any windows not fully closed with flashing red lights, and this includes the sunroof
Use of long press on fob buttons opens or closes windows but not sunroof

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just about to post a new thread when I found this one.

I have had my Optima GT line S just over a year now and in the past 2 or 3 weeks have noticed that when returning to the car after leaving it locked I have found at least 2 and the last time 3 of the windows slightly open by an inch or so.

I assume for some reason I may be keeping my finger on the unlock button too long and it is automatically opening the windows.

I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was just about to post a new thread when I found this one.

I have had my Optima GT line S just over a year now and in the past 2 or 3 weeks have noticed that when returning to the car after leaving it locked I have found at least 2 and the last time 3 of the windows slightly open by an inch or so.

I assume for some reason I may be keeping my finger on the unlock button too long and it is automatically opening the windows.

I will keep an eye on it.
If you've got a GT Line S why are you using the key at all? Just use the button on the door and keep te keys in your pocket

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you've got a GT Line S why are you using the key at all? Just use the button on the door and keep te keys in your pocket
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sometimes I am further away from the car than other members of the family and they can get in before I am near to the car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sometimes I am further away from the car than other members of the family and they can get in before I am near to the car.
Fair enough - my wife complains as well if it's raining :wink::smile_big:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts