Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2.0 litre AWD Petrol Sportage 60 Reg. The remote locking fails to work on a regular basis. This occurs in different locations ,using either remote fob. The batteries have been checked O.K. When the fault occurs the key will only lock the drivers door. To overcome the problem I usually have to start up a nd move a foot or two and then the remote works.

Anybody had a similar fault and if so how was it fixed?

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a ceed 2 CRDI,60 reg which does the same so am also looking for some answers. Might have to be a call to Kia then, I keep you informed.
cheere, Alan

·
Registered
887 Posts
The ignition barrel is sticking.
the barrel should give a definate lcik as you remove key, this switches off electrical systems and allows remote locking to work.
No click, no remote, seen a few now doing same thing ,a quick squirt in the barrel of a suitable lubericant will solve the issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murphwiz, thanks for the reply. My car is at the main dealers as we speak. I'll see how they get on and if they fail to solve the problem I'll give them your suggestion. They told me yesterday that KIA has had one vehicle with the same problem and it had to have the roof lining removed to check on a fault in the wiring loom. We will wait and see!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Let us know how you get on. I have the AWD and have had a similar problem which I posted but more to do with the sensitivty and the fact you have to be right next to the car to open it, others can open it from miles away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To HGF69, I know you wont believe me but I had this problem on another car and my son told me to hold the Key of the remote to your skull and click. Lo and behold this worked every time. I have told other people to do this and they also have had success.This is despite the fact they thought I was taking the mickey. Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the repaired car back today. Told they removed the drivers side pillar cover and " moved " wiring whatever that means. Appears to be locking okay but my good lady wife told me the folding mirrors were now playing up. I noticed a fair sized scratch on the removed pillar cover so it looks like there will be another phone call to the dealer tomorrow!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to reception today he confirmed there is a sensor in the door pillar this has not been replaced but simply moved a bit to rectify the problem!! This is a bit like when you tap the lense cover to get a dicky light working. He was at a loss to explain why he hadn't noticed the scratch on the cover before handing the car back. He was also a bit puzzled when I pointed out the mpg had dropped from 33 mpg to 29 mpg when they were driving the car round to various locations trying to find a cause for the remote problem.
Folding mirrors now working okay, maybe this was caused by

a sensor in the same door pillar and because my wife looked at it sternly she may have frightened it back to full functioning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts