Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I tried to unlock the car using the remote. No amount of pressing the buttons would unlock the car. So I tried the key in the lock - the old fashioned way - and the car unlocked, but when I opened the door, the alarm went off (go figure that design).

I went indoors, rummaged around at the bottom of drawers and found the spare key which locked/unlocked the card first time.

I then re-tried my usual key and it now works as expected.

WTF?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its possible the battery is low, there have been reportes here and elsewhere that some batteries are starting to get low after about 4 years.
In theory it should be quite easy to change the battery but is probably a real faff involving intricasies far beyond mere mortals.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Battery obviously getting low.

If it happens again hold the remote by your head and press the button - it amplifies the signal!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did mine after it went after 3 years. Simply unscrew the fob (one small philips head screw), prise the fob open from the key end, and swop battery. Took me about 5 mins andI bought the batteries on ebay for about £2. You might have a nice dealer who would do it for the price of a battery?

·
Registered
245 Posts
oattam09 said:
micman said:
Battery obviously getting low.

If it happens again hold the remote by your head and press the button - it amplifies the signal!

You get strange looks from people if you do this!!!
True, but it works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts